Checkbox problem

I have made my own Film app that displays all the films and then when clicked displays all the info for that film. I use a checkbox to display whether it has been seen or not. I’ve downloaded it to my iPhone 12 and it works well…EXCEPT that when I click the checkbox to show I’ve seen the film,all the info for that film completely vanishes! Within the the online Glide programme (where I made the app) that doesn’t happen. What is happening what am I doing wrong?
Assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

Do you have any visibility conditions defined?
From your description, it sounds like the checkbox is triggering a visibility condition.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response, I’ll check that out.

Just another query - is there any way I can add the checkbox to the ‘front page’ where the style page is. I realise there is a checklist type page, but if I use that style I can’t have images etc

hmm, sorry but I don’t really understand the terminology that you’re using.
Could you perhaps provide a screen shot or two to help me better understand?

Update: Okay, I think i’ve managed to figure it out. I think what you’re looking for is a Details Style Layout.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 11.48.57 AM

Using that layout, you can add checkboxes, images, inline lists, whatever.

Thanks I’ll try that…
One last question…each tab is linked to a specific page of the data table and gets data from those columns. How can I access info from a different page of the data sheet to use in a tab, if it doesn’t appear in the choices I’m given in the column list. Do you understand what I mean?

Yes, I understand.

It depends on the types of components, and types of data.

But, if you have columns that are common to both tables, you can create relations between the tables and then use Lookup columns to pull data from one table to another.

For some components (such as Inline Lists), you can directly reference data in any table.

Is there a video on how to do that?

Lots of videos and information in the Glide documentation.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/

great - thanks so much for all that info - a great help! :grinning:

1 Like