Big forms. Bug or limitation?

Hi,

I’m struggling here trying to create a really big form… it’s about 180 questions… when someone tries to answer the form, in the front end everything seems to be ok, but the google sheet doesn’t recognize it as an entry, and simply doesn’t add the user answers.

There are another forms on the app, which is in pro version, that work well…

Don’t know if it’s a bug of a limitation of the platform that I’m not aware of.

I’ll be really glad if somebody could help.

Glide is very buggy likely, it doesn’t write to Google or it has a significant delay… also the other way… is not reading Google… very frustrating

1 Like

Have you scrolled down to the very bottom of your google sheet?
Do you use any arrayformulas in the sheet, or any other pre-populated formulas?

3 Likes

maaaaaan… how did you come with this kind of idea???
the answers were there… after 156 empty rows!!!
so much lost time trying to figure out what was wrong before asking here…

thank you very much!!!

1 Like

It’s a common mistake. If you are using arrayformulas or pre-populating several rows with formulas, then they are no longer empty rows. Even though they may appear to be empty, they still have a formula in the column. Glide will only add new data to completely empty rows, even if it has to create them at the very bottom of the sheet.

If you use any kind of formulas in a google sheet, it’s best to either move that logic to glide, or at least delete all empty rows. Then you won’t have this problem.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.