Basic Table Component

Oh yeah, got it wrongly. Sorry

1 Like

Yes Glide has fixed this YEAAAAA!

1 Like

Basic table component appears to truncate the data ? Is there a way to wrap the data/text ?

3 Likes

I don’t think there is one as of now. Would love this as well, sometimes my text gets too long for a line.

1 Like

+1

Ditto +1 to wrap

1 Like

Yes, wrap is crucial for addresses. Being able to add an action to a table row would be huge also.

And of course being able to re-order rows :slight_smile:

6 Likes

+1 for all of these. Add it to the Experts app for us to vote on :wink:

2 Likes

can we please get some size adjustments? and even text overlay?
also it would be nice to be able to click on it and have some acthion.

1 Like

And REORDER items :weary:

6 Likes

Yes OMG so annoying to delete them and redo it.

2 Likes

How do I have this display down the columns? The first column on one side and the second column on the other. It’s only selecting the first row.

What’s your use case here? The basic table component only looks at one row’s data at one time. Are you trying to display data from different rows?

I’m trying to create a legend. One column has the icon and the other the name.

Is there a reason you don’t want to have multiple columns on the same row for this?

I’d probably create an HTML table for this. It goes something like…

• create a template column that creates a <tr> row for each legend item, eg.
<tr><td>ICON</td><td>NAME</td></tr>
  • create a Joined List column to string all those together - with no separator
  • create a template column to insert that joined list inside some <table> tags, eg.
    • <table>{joined-list}</table>
  • then display that in a rich text component

If you want to get fancy, you can use a CSS table generator and come up with some really nice looking tables. Here’s an example of one I recently did for @Mark_Turrell:

12 Likes

Very smart way to create the table.

1 Like

The one I did for Mark was waaaay more complicated than that, but it essentially boils down to those 3 steps. I’m pretty sure I stole this idea from @Jeff_Hager :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What do you mean?

I can try this, thanks!