Automatic Sign-out

The app I am building accesses sensitive data. It doesn’t seem that there is a way to set the app to sign out automatically after a certain number of minutes. Our users are concerned that in the event that their phones are lost, unauthorized users may gain access to the data. Is automatic sign-out an option on the roadmap?

There is no public roadmap (yet!)

Also, the probability of your users phones’ getting stolen while they are visiting the app is highly unusual. Tell your users to chill out a bit! :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A logout from other devices would be closest, I think. Would love that feature.

1 Like

If you are using the Private whitelisted email option, then you can always remove the email from the whitelist and that will deactivate access and sign the user out. I know that works when that app is open, but I’m not sure how it will work if you remove the email and re-add it later without the app ever being opened.

2 Likes

A forced sign out will likely make no difference in this instance especially if the email they registered with is picked up by their phones. The 3rd party would simply need to log in and pick up the pin via their email. 2FA probably wouldn’t help either as that would almost certainly go via their phones.

If they are that concerned then they need to ensure that their phones are adequately secured for the level of information that is on them.

2 Likes