Attendance application ideas

Hello. I need to include an attendance feature in the app which I made for a company. The problem is that the company size is 200+ employees and I can’t use the Glides ready-made template because recording daily attendance for 200+ employees will require a lot of rows (365 days x 200 employees).

Is there any way I can make an attendance app by using employees’ names on rows and dates in columns and use (add column values) on daily basis to record the attendance? Or if there is any other way please do let me know. Thanks. @ThinhDinh @Wiz.Wazeer @experts @Jeff_Hager @George-Glide @SantiagoPerez

Hola @Hassan_Nadeem

Are you using Glide Tables or Gsheets to record the attendance? If you are using Gsheets, you could upload those rows to another sheet with a script. At the end of the day.

I think that the idea of checking attendance is to have a history of it.

In case the history is not important you could use something like this:

1 Like
1 Like

Robert- could this app be modified to use barcode scan of a badge to mark someone as "present’? I am thinking at a conference with multiple sessions and everyone has badges. This would give attendance data to the speaker and the conference staff. Maybe also require pre-paid or pre-approved admission to the session and show on screen if they are allowed in or not.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. I love the idea of barcode scanning for attendance, but unfortunately, the barcode scanner action in Glide isn’t sophisticated (or quick) enough for this purpose in my opinion. I’d love to be proved wrong, though.

1 Like