App: Logins

Hi All! I set the app to public with no email required but am getting logins with email addresses. As far as I know I haven’t set this up anywhere in the app and I don’t want to collect email addresses. Anybody any ideas?!?!?!?

People are most likely clicking on the sign in button voluntarily in the side menu or using favorites or comments, which require a sign in.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_Hager. Just reading around it appears I can’t remove this and I have a number of tabs in the menu that I need. If I delete the app login sheet will that remove the login data?

I suspect it will appear again if someone tries to log in.

2 Likes

OK thanks @ThinhDinh. I only have two critical items in there that can be moved onto a home screen tile with a different layout. GDPR gone mad. When you want users to login they won’t and when you don’t they do!

2 Likes

In another post it was mentioned that turning on the hiding of emails did not hide them in the App Logins sheet. I’m assuming that’s still the case, but something to check out. Regardless, from a GDPR standpoint, I suppose an email would still be stored internally within Glide to track users. however, the intent of the hide feature is to keep user data anonymous in the sheet.

2 Likes