App keeps asking for PIN

Hi all.
I’m about to roll out the app to a wider audience of people who aren’t tech savvy to say the least. And one user from the early access group has this problem: “I am having to enter a new code every time I open the App. Any chance that can be changed?”
There’s an old thread with the same issue, but there was a lot of diversion with emails going to spam, so I think it’d be a good idea to have a new thread. No solution was found in the old thread, even though I see CEO of glide apps was present in the discussion.
Again, as mentioned, users aren’t tech-y, it’s highly unlikely they did anything in terms of cookie settings.
I don’t even know what questions to ask the user or what direction to start digging. The adoption of the app is critical for us, so I’m very concerned about this issue. I appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

Still, this usually means that the user has some settings that clear the cookie of their default browser, or block cookies.

For Safari on iOS

1. Open the ‘Settings’ app.
  2. Scroll down and tap ‘Safari’.
  3. Under the ‘Privacy & Security’ section, there is a toggle for ‘Block All Cookies’.

For Chrome on Android

1. Open Chrome.
  2. Tap the three dots on the upper-right to open the menu.
  3. Go to ‘Settings’.
  4. Tap ‘Site settings’.
  5. Tap ‘Cookies’, then ensure that the setting is not set to ‘Block all’.
3 Likes

ThinhDinh, really appreciate your response.
I had the user checked the setting and as expected “block all cookies” is off.
Even if he doesn’t use Safari, to my knowledge Safari is the only real browser on ios, meaning other browsers inherit these settings from Safari.
What else could it be? And if the answer would be as simple as cookie settings, then why on the old thread this was picked up by Glide CEO , although without a follow up, unfortunately.

How are they opening the app? If they are opening inside another app – Facebook, Instagram – then the login setting might not save.

1 Like

They have the app “installed” on the phone – i.e. it’s added on the home screen.

Sorry for bumping this. But I went onto my app today to make some changes and it’s requiring me to login each time? And then sometimes it doesn’t. And when I login, if i navigate to a different tab, I see “Sign In” is there even though I just signed in. And my app is completely public and has operated that way every time I’ve gone to it. Even others are experiencing this same thing.

The funny thing is I came here because I added a new sheet to my app + I was gonna make the whole thing behind a login. But then I got stuck on trying to make a link clickable on a GRID view - so as I was testing that is when this login issue randomly started (also, can I really not make a link/URL clickable on a table view for a grid view?)