Anyone image not appearing from Google drive etc..?

@MegannLock I’m having all of the issues you outlined…from images not displaying or not at all. It’s good to know it isn’t just me…as I’m not as savvy as you are with formulas :slight_smile:

This has been most helpful.

Stay safe

2 Likes

@MegannLock the only variation I’ve used from Google is similar to your second url, but instead of ‘drivesdk’, I have ‘sharing’ for the usp parameter. Would that make a difference? I’m wondering if it’s the method that people are using to get a share link, because I’ve seen several different url structures, but I’ve always felt comfortable with the way that gets you file/d and sharing in the url.

Let me know if you could use some help writing those formulas into your sheet! I’d be more than happy to help!

Yeah, I’m not sure of the difference. To me, it’s never made a difference whether it was usp=sharing or usp=drivesdk. Those other url variations are not the normal “share link”. They’re modified (in my attempts to find a solution lol)!

1 Like

Thank you so much @MegannLock! Some of those are not yet recognized by Glide, but I’m adding that and it should ship by Thursday.

What Glide does is transform those URLs to the form

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=fileID

which should give a direct link to an image file. It seems you’re saying that that doesn’t always work? If so, do you have examples where that link doesn’t work?

2 Likes

That URL actually has only given me trouble within google sheets (when using an image/arrayformula). But that was a while ago, like 1-2 years ago. I actually hadn’t even tried using that URL, cause I just went straight to using that thumbnail link up there!

Thank you @MegannLock I may just take you up on that. Just going to give it a try first.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share an update. Our current theory (and please bear in mind this is a theory) is that the mass numbers of Glide users have triggered googles anti-bot lockouts for images for some people.

As a member of the glide community: WOOOOOO GO GLIDE USERS.

As an engineer on the glide team: Oh god what have we done?

So there are some fixes we are working with upstream providers on, I cannot give you an exact time for when they will roll out, but this is a high priority item for me. I actually have a working prototype of the solution today, but it has some flaws that need to be resolved first.

4 Likes

Hi @MegannLock and @Mark

I have seen this trouble since 2018, when I used to work with Awesome Table software many people reported this issue and they fixed it creating this solution, here they explain very well the source of problem and its solution

Sometimes when I face this problem again, I come back to this useful post.

Saludos
Gavp

Yes sir! That post is where I found that handy URL format for my CONCAT formula up there!

Not Glide related nor Drive images, but I had an issue with a Google spreadsheet with images in cells when I was creating an online Easter Egg Hunt for the grandkids. If I used the =IMAGE() formula, some images would appear and others would not. If I used the interactive Insert/Image/In Cell with the same URL (of the images that would not show with the =IMAGE() formula) they would show. The egg images where hosted at imgur.com so no Drive involved. Here is a sample image: https://i.imgur.com/mToT27f.png

1 Like

This happened to a client of mine, at some point it works other times, it seems like an intermittent problem

1 Like

Yeah! That’s a great work-around @George_B! I think that would have worked for my image issue with my spreadsheet project a couple years ago if it wouldn’t have been like thousands of images lol. I already had the images on my drive, so I just wanted to display them neatly, but it was being wonky. I’ll keep this in mind though for smaller projects!

Hola @MegannLock and @Mark

That is the way (trick) I use to get a funcional link from GD manually and make Glide can show images w/o problems:

1. Select your image

2. Select Share option (my screenshot is in Spanish but you can follow it sure)

3. Confirm the process

4. Later, select the option to get the link to share:

5. Activate the current shared link and copy it

6. Check if the shared icon is shown on your file. If so, your link can be used and Glide will read it correctly

All my files work fine (90+) and have this syntax always:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=FileID

I hope this helps.

Saludos a todos

Thanks so much Megann! My apps were showing up on my laptop, but not my Android. I created a Cloudfire account and I’ve been trouble-shooting for 3 days. I didn’t need to create the Cloudfire account in this instance. I simply had to view my images as a list in Google Drive, right click the image, change it to shareable to everyone and now it is finally showing up on my phone! I switched from one tab and back to the other and the images populated. Yayyyy! You’re awesome and thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Glad to help!

1 Like