šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

@kyleheney, thank you for reply. Weā€™re using user-specific column for filters. About the country, I canā€™t find any plugin to dynamically detect the visitor country.

Would love to see the limit on updates increased on a per-app basis on the starter plan

2500 edits, adds and deletes and especially syncs a month almost makes the apps un usable if split across the five available projects

Went from unlimited on premium plan to a fraction and would need to double my spend again to get it back.

2 Likes

@DJP Hi David,

I had Pro subscription in one of my App in MyApps which I cancelled after using few days. Till now, I used to see the credit in Billing page of MyApps. I am not able to see anything here today.

Where can see the credits I have?

Did you try to check under any of the teams that you already have there? Team >> Billingā€¦

Hi @DJP,

Just another question from meā€¦

Assuming I start off with starter plan and I find that I need to upgrade, is the transition a smooth one?

What I mean is if I upgrade in the middle of the month, do I pay the full subscription of the package upgraded to or do I pay a pro-rated amount of the full subscriptionā€¦

When I have reached the limits of starter for example, do my Apps just stop functioning or will Glide send some form of notification that the App is close to max and therefore I should upgrade while allowing the Apps or pages to operate.

I know some of these details might not be available but maybe something to think about if it had not yet been deliberated on.
Thanks

I appreciate you getting back to me, David. Just curious why project transfers are being deprecated on these new team plans? I could see not allowing transfers between accounts, but whatā€™s the reason projects canā€™t be shared between teams on the same account? Thx

2 Likes

Hey, Pratik! This is an issue best for our Support team: https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hey, Owen!

Two things to consider:

1. Do you know how many ā€œSheet Editsā€ your App or Page previously averaged per month? This is a proxy for Syncs, which tends to be the bulk of a teamā€™s Updates. If you averaged below 2,500 per month, the Starter plan may work for you. If thatā€™s not enough Updates, you may still prefer to purchase additional Updates on the Starter plan than upgrading to the Pro plan

2. We will be offering discounts to existing customers, so you may find that a discounted Pro plan suits your needs

Iā€™ll DM you to get more details since I can look at your App or Pageā€™s historical Updates usage

One thing to keep in mind is that Editors are part of Teams. This is different than thinking of Teams belonging to Editors

Because of this ordering structure, it is complicated for our backend to transfer Apps and Pages across Teams (regardless if there is an Editor that belongs to both teams) as it can result in errors for the projects being transferred as they will need to be compliant with the team plan of the new team

2 Likes

Good questions!

1. Let me get back to you on proration as I will need to double-check exactly how the new team plans will handle cancellations and subsequent upgrades

2. Regarding quotas, you will receive an email letting you know when you are approaching your quota(s). We are in the process of implementing (a) Overages for Updates to allow customers to purchase more than what is included in their plans and (b) the enforcement mechanism for when teams go over their Updates quota

For now, you will not need to worry that your Apps or Pages will stop functioning if you were to go over your teamā€™s Updates quota. However, teams that go significantly above their teamsā€™ quotas will be reached out to by a Glide team member :smile:

Our general principle in enforcing Updates is to be generous to our customers, so you can expect things like a grace period for the first time a team goes over their quota, explicit opt-in for Overages, and a user-friendly enforcement mechanism when a team is over their quota

4 Likes

Allowing teams to purchase quotas will be the best thingā€¦
Thank you for taking that into considerationā€¦

At the risk of being a tad annoying, I will ask another question but please donā€™t get tired of me, still trying to wrap my head around the updates and usage and try to optimise my Apps accordinglyā€¦

The use of the choice component as a filter for example for an inline list. Lets say you want to filter out certain results displayed by an inline list and you use a choice component and some filter conditionsā€¦

Does the use of that component count as an edit to the database as it will update the cell in the day table?
I ask this because this choice component could be used not only by users (public/private) but also the visitors could have access to it. Would that count as an update. I guess the same goes for a toggle of a switch that makes a ā€œtrueā€/ā€œfalseā€ condition in the back endā€¦

1 Like

These are user-specific columns, correct?

Currently, editing a user-specific column results in an Edit, but we are discussing internally whether to not count these as Edits

3 Likes

Yes, they are. Fingers crossed discussions go favourably. I just tested it and it does count as an edit. Just 1 edit although it resulted in a lot of columns changing as a result of the IF THEN ELSE conditions.

Thank you David for taking the time to answer my many questions. I am definitely learning a lot and this will stand me in good stead going forward as I try and adapt my operating model with the new method of working. Much appreciated

2 Likes

Thank you for asking great questions! Iā€™m sure the rest of the community is benefiting from them, and theyā€™re testing my knowledge of the intricacies of the new team plans as well :smile:

5 Likes

So wait, the 2,500 updates is across all the apps on the Starter plan? Can that really be the case?

So one app can have 5,000 rows of data but how would you ever add those (let alone update) if youā€™ve got 2,500 updates TOTAL per billing cycle.

FREE:
3 apps/pages x 500 rows each = 1,500 rows.
Updates: 1,000 (66.67% of rows)

STARTER
5 apps/pages x 5,000 rows each = 25,000 rows.
Updates: 2,500 (10% of rows)

I was initially excited to see the plan that combined apps and pages and had some decent row limits. If 2,500 updates is truly across all the apps/pagesā€¦yikes. Please say it ainā€™t so.

And updates are counted during the building process? Am I understanding that correctly?

Pro incudes unlimited apps, so on Pro (and Business) updates are 0% of rowsā€“Iā€™m not sure what your point is.

We designed these limits by analyzing how people use Glide today, and most people are not adding their entire app row capacity each month.

To add on to @davidā€™s point, letā€™s say you add 1,000 rows to your Google Sheet or Airtable base. If you are adding rows within Google Sheets or Airtable, this does not result in 1,000 Adds. This will actually only incur a few Syncs (maybe even 1 Sync depending on how quickly you add the rows and how the changes to the data source are batched)

Adds are incurred when (a) App or Page users add rows or (b) you use the Glide API to add rows

Note: At this time, you will incur Adds when you add rows in the Builder, but we are in the process of removing these from your Updates quota

1 Like

@david Hi david, I have created a pro app with 24$/Mo yearly billed plan, by this plan allows me to add data rows up to 25000 in my google sheet. Also 2000 users have signed with my app. I customized app myself, no team involve. My app is working perfectly and users are getting services.
I agreed with your plan (24$/Mo billed yearly) at that time. Because it has all pro services. Now you have changed the plan. now I am confused, I need clear answer following questions.

1. I have already added 25000 records and 2000 signed users, can I continue 24$/Mo billed yearly plan?
  2. If you increase the amount which amount have to pay yearly ?
  3. If you provide discount which amount is?

I need your feedback. Because high prices are not suitable for me. I am individual developer.

Hi all
Maybe I passed a lot about this update.
I have something to ask, on the 15th ago, I just renewed my subscription to pro subscription for $32, but today my application is no longer in pro status.