šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

There is currently no annual subscription on any of the plans but they will look to introduce them later onā€¦

1 Like

Responding in the thread to your Glide API question because Iā€™m sure other users would benefit:

On the Pro team plan, you have access to the Glide API. When you use the Glide API to add, edit, or delete rows, these will count as Adds, Edits, and Deletes. This is similar to adding, editing, or deleting rows within a Glide App or Page

We currently have a function to export all your data from a Glide Table. In the future, we will count the number of rows exported by this function as Reads. This is tentative, but 1 Read may be incurred for every 10,000 rows exported via the Glide API. By backing up your data in Glide Tables, you will incur some Reads, but you should come out ahead by not incurring any Syncs

Thanks that will be great.

There is also a batch update for Google Sheets which we use for other projects, if required we could use your bulk read API and then do a bulk update to Google Sheets every 10-30min interval (that frequency would suffice for our objective).

2 Likes

Hi,
The description on the API on your pricing page does not indicate that the READ API is available.
Can you confirm that it is? It would be awesome if that is the case. Also, if we could have an exact READ instead of just a READ ALLā€¦

I think David summarized the pricing issue at hand.

You have two very different customers, the big businesses with big apps and big pockets and then the small entrepreneurs who want to test out an idea, where 99% fail and who probably dominate these forums. Both customers need different things and want to pay totally different prices.

You also summarized your main cost drivers above as Updates and Rows.

Have you considered making a simple scalable plan(s) where for a base price you get a certain # of Rows and Monthly Updates per App with the ability to pay an additional monthly fee for more Rows and Updates at a scaling rate?

Example:
Plan 1
Base Rows 5k
Base Updates 1k
Price: $10
$5 per 1K additional updates per month
$5 per 5k additional rows
*** above #s were not a recommendation or based on anything**

This would reduce the cost for small entrepreneurs, who dont need much (cost might be $20), but also capture the value from big businesses ($2000).

Also keeping the free plan helps with testing ideas.

3 Likes

As these changes have also changed the ā€œUpgradeā€ button, how can I now view my Sheet edits and Rows?
Previously I would hover over this button instead of clicking it to get a breakdown of my used resources, now I cannot find any area that covers this?

Untitled

Continuing the discussion from :new: All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st:

Original text in Spanish translated by google.

Thanks for constantly updating the platform, and probably the investment of $20M will be a boost to accelerate the growth of Glide.

As for the Free plan, the three public projects are for each Team that we have created or they are three public projects regardless of the number of teams that we have, since I understand that the price of the other plans is for each team.

The tablet view is not active yet.

Thank you very much.

Texto original en espaƱol traducido por google.

Gracias por la constante actualizaciĆ³n de la plataforma, y seguramente la inversiĆ³n de $20M serĆ” un impulso para acelerar el crecimiento de Glide.

En cuanto al plan Free, los tres proyectos pĆŗblicos son para cada Team que tengamos creados o son tres proyectos pĆŗblicos sin distinciĆ³n de la cantidad de team que tengamos, ya que tengo entendido que el precio de los demĆ”s planes es por cada team.

Por cierto, la vista de tablet aun no esta activa.

Muchas gracias.

The Apps work offline (view, edit, modify, enter data) when there is no telephone signal and synchronize when entering coverage. It is important for the use of the App in rural areas or countries with poor telephone service.

@Jeff_Hager @ThinhDinh
Is it work even if you have google sheets as the data source?

Or it will work for glide tables.

Greetings Glide Team,

I am a Solopreneur web & mobile app developer who adopted the use of Glide because of itā€™s no-code rapid development, spreadsheet data structure & powerful flexibility in itā€™s components. I currently have 5 Pro Apps and 2 Free apps.

I donā€™t currently have a need for Pages, but built a private MVP (Minimum Viable Product) Event & Conference app a few years ago in another app development environment that I rebuilt in Glide. My sole focus is this MVP Event app that I offer to my clients on a SAAS (Software As A Service) model for use leading up to and during their conferences. Every attendee signs in with email and of course there are agendas and other conference related info (similar to Glides Company Conference app).

The current flexibility of the Annual Pro App plan per app allows me to turn the app on & off as needed, duplicate the app for the next event, and repeat for as many client events as needed during the year. I will normally keep 3-5 Pro Apps continually published as showcase examples of what we can do for our other private clients.

Below is a sample of the size of our apps:

National Organizations App - 750 Members

• 1900 Rows
  • 600 MB Images & Files
  • 7000 Sheet Edits

Large Conference App - 700 Attendees

• 1500 Rows
  • 400 MB Images & Files
  • 8200 Sheet Edits

Small Conference App - 100 Attendees

• 300 Rows
  • 30 MB Images & Files
  • 3200 Sheet Edits

As you can see, my conference apps could house 700+ publicly email-signed in users at any given time, especially during the actual conferences. I donā€™t use much in terms of Image & File storage and my row counts would easily be served by any of the new plans (Starter or Pro). Not interested in the FREE plans.

Where I am now concerned is in the area of Public Users, White Labelling & Updates.

My Concerns with the New Plans:

1. Capping my Public Signed-in with Email Users vs. current ā€œUnlimitedā€ allowances
  2. Charging additional for Whitelabelling that by default comes with a paid ProApp
  3. Flexibility in turning on/off monthly billing per app and getting refunded for remaining unused months
  4. Combining ALL app sheet edits together where originally ā€œUnlimitedā€ in ProApp

Concerns Expanded

1. If I run a few large concurrent conferences, I will easily hit up against the new Public User limits (especially on Starter but possible on Pro) where our current Pro Plan is Unlimited for each app.

2. All of my apps by default are ā€œWhite Labelledā€ because I choose paid Pro Apps. I DONā€™T want any client to know I use Glide as my infrastructure. So now youā€™re going to aske me to pay $10 more for each app to do this?

3. Again, when my conferences end, I sunset the event app a week after the event. No need to pay for a Pro App that is no longer needed once the event has passed. In this case I would expect the credit or refund in billing to occur. Hopefully the new plans will do the same, especially once the discounted annual subscriptions are instituted.

4. Most of our sheet edits occur in the development environment, getting the app set up for the event, which if I understand correctly, probably wonā€™t be counted down the road. We do however have edits that occur during the event when attendees favorite calendar events or other attendees. With 700+ users making 5-10 or more of these selections at any given time during events, that could add up quickly. So the new all app combined data ā€œUpdatesā€ caps may pose a problem for my MVP.

I LOVE Glide and I LOVE my Glide Community on this forum!

I just wanted to offer another detailed example of a SMALL Bootstrapped Glider with a single MVP app mission vs. Glideā€™s larger corporate, multi-app, multi-team related subscribers. We most certainly have different needs on the Glide platform.

Hopefully Glide is paying attention to that and wonā€™t forget about us small customers, the ones you are helping to allow to be no-code app developers in our small corners of the globe. Thanks for listening to my concerns. I AM one of your 1 Billion new software developers! Keep on Gliding! :blush:

2 Likes

The Read function is included on the Pro team plan. Let me make an update to that tooltip

Right now, we only have the feature to read all rows. Reading a subset of rows is not currently available

The new team plans are a departure from per-project plans. We are not expecting to offer per-project plans in the near future

Our hope is that small entrepreneurs can validate a concept on the Free plan and then test more features on the Starter plan. At $25, it is quite close to your recommended $20 while also providing 5,000 Rows per Project and 2,500 Updates

1 Like

If you click on ā€œUsageā€ for your team, you will be able to see your projectsā€™ usage on your team

Updates include Adds, Edits, Deletes, and Syncs. Syncs are quite similar to ā€œSheet Editsā€

you guys literally cutting off small users and most of the countries with small incomesā€¦
thatā€™s a huge loss for Glideā€¦ You really can not come up with plans like $5, $10, $15ā€¦ per single PRO App???
Just limit rows, edits, syncs, storageā€¦
most of the users donā€™t need more than 1 PRO Appā€¦ all they need is all features and some limited functionality, non or little branding, and 1 or 3 free testing apps to try ideas.
Iā€™m confident that will make you much more profit than all your big accounts combined.

7 Likes

Hey, Jetro! Excited to have you post on our community forum for the first time. Answering your questions below:

1. On the Free team plan, you can have up to 3 published projects per team. However, a Glide user can create multiple teams with Free team plans

2. Yes, we are in the process of activating Tablet and Desktop layouts for Apps on all plans shortly. That was a miss on our part! Apologies there

3. This thread is best for questions specifically about new team plans. For feature requests and other questions about using Glide, please create new threads if existing threads do not exist

1 Like

Congratulations for the new pricing plans.

I agree. I am sooooo disappointed with the new pricing.

1 Like

I have been working on Glideapps for the past 1 year. I started off small and then pursued this as my full-time career. It was going really great and it was providing me with a lot of opportunities.

Most of my old customers were really hesitant to pay $32 per month but I convinced them anyway.
Thanks to Glide now, I think my career is done with the NEW PRICING. :frowning:

Not sure, who will pay $100/month now. :frowning:

1 Like

Well my concept would apply to single apps or groups of apps. The primary variables are Updates snd Rows, among other things like users. Provide a base price with preset limits and then allow users to purchase more based on their needs. That way a small entrepreneur can pay $25 vs business paying $2000

@Joe_Gabriele you seem to be describing exactly what we didā€“this is the Starter plan.

2 Likes

Hi David, is this already released? If yes, can we have it in the API Usage window as well? Currently we only have ā€œadd rowā€, ā€œset columnsā€ and ā€œdelete rowā€. Thank you.

1 Like