🆕 All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

1. If I understand when you say “single person” would it be precisely this moment that we still don’t have a team formed?
  2. Looking at the new plans, the free plan can have up to 2 editors and the Starter, which I liked the most, has up to 5 editors.
    Does this define the number of members or will they be able to have more than just view everything or will Data not be accessible for the surplus number of editors?

I have a row in my google sheet that shows the “CURRENT TIME”. So does that mean with every minute that is passed, my number of sheet edits will increase?

1. Excluding legacy users, all users on Glide are part of a team even if they are in a team by themselves

2. In the future, we may have roles for different team members (e.g., Editor vs. Viewer). For now, you will not be able to add more users than the number of Editors allowed by your team plan

1 Like

With the introduction of Updates, we have to differentiate between “Sheet Edits / Sheet Updates” and “Edits”

Updates include Adds, Edits, Deletes, and Syncs. An “Edit” occurs when an App or Page user changes a row in your data source. A “Sync” occurs when you make changes to your data source that update your App or Page. You can think of Syncs like “Sheet Edits / Sheet Updates”

Going back to your question, if a row updates your Google Sheet in a way that changes your App or Page, then that will count as a Sync. I would check how many “Sheet Edits / Sheet Updates” your project uses today as that will be a good estimate for how many Syncs your project will use on a team plan

3 Likes

Does a Glide Table also apply or only if it is a Google Sheet?

Great question!

The benefit of using Glide Tables is that they don’t incur any Syncs. If you can bring your data into a Glide Table, you can have more Updates for Adds, Edits, and Deletes

A majority of Updates for most teams will be Syncs, so switching over to Glide Tables will be a big advantage

6 Likes

Great…

Does Public Users have in this case the same interpretation as Private User considering that logging in to the same app or to the apps of a team will count as 1 out of 100 in free?
In a Starter plan what will happen when user 1001 tries to log in? Will the first 1000 users to log in be able to continue logging in?

Yes, the same user signing into one Public project or multiple Public projects will count as one Public user

Once you reach a team’s Public or Private User quota, new unique users will not be able to log in. Users who had signed in that month can still log in. Both quotas are reset every month.

However, since visitors are unlimited, if your Public App or Page does not require sign-in, users who do not sign in could still open the project

1 Like

If you don’t need that current time for any functionality within your google sheet, it might be better to use a math column in glide to get the current time. Then you don’t have to worry about any syncs or updates because the current time will be updated directly on the user’s device. Plus, it will respond much more quickly because it will update every 10 seconds.

5 Likes

I believe that almost all Glide users must have more than 3 apps in “My apps”. Many of us have also created Teams that actually act as folders for monitoring applications.
I understand that this change will be slow and gradual, but with regard to this surplus of 3 apps, what treatment will be given both in My apps and in the Team?

We will provide more clarity on how migrations will work for existing teams soon, but the number of Apps & Pages per team plan is only referring to Published Apps & Pages

You can have unlimited drafts (i.e., unpublished projects)

2 Likes

OK. When I referred to 3 apps, it also applies to published apps. Some have Android phones, others iOS but even if the platform provides the visualization on different platforms, many develop the habit of publishing even to publish in the groups we participate and we can have feedback from other Gliders. When will this migration of published articles take place?
Couldn’t Glide develop some feature that all published apps return to draft status?

1 Like

is it enough if it is limited to 25000 rows for business class?
if we have 1500 public users and each adds data 10 times in a month will it create 420000 rows of data?

*please tell me if my statement is wrong

The current migration plan is to keep projects published even if this would put some teams over their Published project quota

1 Like

On increasing Rows per Project, it is on the roadmap to increase the limit beyond 25,000

1 Like

The “See Enterprise” wording under the Business plan is confusing. I’m reading it like “If you want this, go pay for Enterprise.”, but in that case, it would just be a “-” like other items that aren’t included… right?

I am prone to missing obvious things, so if this is super obvious, please do let me know. :crazy_face:

so we can increase the row limit?
what is the data row upgrade apart from the business class package
or better choose enterprise package

*sorry if i don’t understand english

I have friends who own 10, 12, 17,000 lines.
Since these lines are the result of an offer by Glide to, let’s say, remunerate, wouldn’t the gliders to publicize the platform be the case that whoever had more than 5,000 would keep them since it does not represent harm to the platform and would it also be a way to do justice?
I believe that within an update like the one that is happening there could also be adjustments.

It was simply included because if you are looking at the “Individuals & Starters” tab, you wouldn’t be able to see that Single Sign-on is included on Enterprise

1 Like