šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

Yes, I understand thatā€™s the marketing argument, and itā€™s ok. Maybe itā€™s true for most of the paying users out there, but certainly not for me.

The update monthly reset is good news, indeed.

In my case, now I would only need the Google Analytics feature to be available in the starter plan to move to the new scheme. It seems weird thatā€™s not even a word about it in the pricing page.

If it isnā€™t available, then thereā€™s no point for me to move to a paid plan because the free one would be enough.

1 Like

Would you be so kind to clarify the new public and private user limitsā€¦

Are the public and private user limits based on each team? Or is it based on our membership tier?

Do each of my teamā€™s user base pull from the same private and public user allocation? Also, how many teams can I have within my account? Is each team charged starter, pro or business license?

Is the editing of a user specific column, carried out by a public or private user, considered an update for the purpose of counting the monthly updates?

And if it is a visitor user? Where in theory there shouldnā€™t be an update as the data is only on his device?

I apologize if it has already been answered somewhere, but I did not find this information.

1 Like

Each team plan comes with different numbers of Public Users and Private Users allowed per month

Users who sign into a teamā€™s Apps and Pages with public sign-in will count as Public Users. Users who sign into a teamā€™s Apps and Pages with private sign-in will count as Private Users. Users who do not sign in are counted as Visitors, which are unlimited on all plans

Only users who sign in will be counted. Users in your Users table that do not sign in will not be counted as Public or Private Users

The same user signing into multiple Apps and Pages on the same team will count as one user per sign-in type. For example, if the same user signs into multiple Apps and Pages with public sign-in, they will count as one Public User for that team

Lastly, there is no limit to the number of teams you can have in your account. However, each team requires its own Starter, Pro, or Business plan if you want access to paid features

1 Like

Currently, any user editing user-specific columns will count as an Edit (a type of Update)

We are looking into potentially not counting these as Updates, but we will wait and see based on Usage behavior of teams

I created this feature request a few weeks ago, as something to consider as an alternative to using user specific columns. Something more aligned with session variables that only live locally and temporarily. I think something like this could really help for those of us that use user specific columns strictly for custom filters or custom forms. Values that only need to be held temporarily and locally.

11 Likes

Well done @Jeff_Hager . I think thatā€™s exactly what is needed now.

I just voted on your feature request :+1:

2 Likes

Hi, David. Iā€™ve got some questions below, which I hope will help others as well. :+1: Thx!

Annual Pricing
I only see monthly pricing; does Glide no longer offer annual subscriptions? If annuals are offered, what is the percentage discount?

Whitelabeling
The whitelabeling tooltip says, ā€œYou can whitelabel additional products for $10 per month.ā€ To clarify, if on the Starter plan and I want to whitelabel 5 projects, will this cost $35/mo. ($25 Starter + $10 whitelabeling) or $75/mo. ($25 Starter + $50 whitelabeling)?

Project Transfers
Under this pricing structure, will all plan levels still be able to transfer projects between teams inside the same account, as shown here? For some reason, I thought Iā€™d seen in a different thread about new pricing that the answer was no?

Editors
If the account owner needs to edit projects across all teams within an account, do they count as an editor one time or every time theyā€™re listed as a team editor? For example, a Starter account has 4 teams and each team has 5 projects. The account owner needs to be able to edit projects across all 4 teams and each team has 1 person designated to edit all the projects inside their team. In this scenario, would this be considered 5 editors (1 account owner + 4 individual team editors) or 8 editors [ (1 account owner x 4 teams) + (4 individual team editors) ]?

Hi @DJP,

I just found out the hard way that when you duplicate an App, it counts as an updateā€¦
What would be the best way to have back ups of Apps that we create. Luckily I am testing all of this on the free plan otherwise imagine having to find out that Back ups are counted as updates and all the updates allocation for the month gone on just creating back up copies.

Maybe someone in the community might have a suggestion on how we can deal with this going forward because being able to have back ups of your Apps is crucial for emergency situations.

1 Like

Good questions!

1. I would not use the ratio of Public Users to Updates as a proxy for how valuable each plan is. If you look at our FAQs, we recommend using Rows per Project and Users as a rule of thumb to determine which plan best suits a customerā€™s use case

A minority of users will be at 5,000 Public Users on Pro, which is why a simple ratio of Public Users to Updates is not a helpful heuristic

2. I would also not look at Rows per Project and compare with Updates because much of the data connected to a Glide project is not added by the projectā€™s App or Page users

For example, imagine you have an App to manage inventory. Letā€™s say you add 5,000 rows of data for all your various SKUs to a Google Sheet. You then connect the sheet to Glide. None of these rows count as an Add because Adds are incurred when App or Page users add rows to your data source. When an employee interacts with the App to manage inventory, that is when an App user might then Add, Edit, or Delete rows

Note: Currently, adding, editing, and deleting rows in the Builder count as Updates, but we are planning to not count these soon

3. We have done an analysis of our customersā€™ usage patterns to determine these Updates quotas. We will continue to monitor how our customersā€™ usage evolves to see if any changes need to be made

4 Likes

How many Updates did you incur? 1 Sync?

1. Annual pricing is not currently available but will become available in the future. We will announce the discount once annual plans are live

2. Whitelabeling is priced at $10 per project per month. Iā€™ll update the tooltip on the Pricing page for clarity

3. You can currently transfer Apps and Pages between teams, but this feature will be deprecated for Apps and Pages that are on teams with paid team plans. If your App or Page is on a team with no paid team plan, you will be able to transfer the project to other teams

4. Each team plan only applies to a single team. Editors are counted per team.

For example, a user that is part of 3 teams will be counted as an Editor for all 3 teams

I did a back up of 3 of my most important Apps with the Alpha team. These are the Apps i intent to upgrade to the starter package but i wanted to get a better understanding of the updates and the suitable plan to choose.
Just by doing the duplicates, i have already exceeded the allocated quota for this teams plan (Free plan)

Hmmā€¦ yes, this is not expected behavior. This might be related to the fact that Updates are currently counted (a) when you are in the Builder and (b) for unpublished projects. We are not planning on counting these Updates in the future

Iā€™ll get an answer for you shortly

2 Likes

Sign-in None not available in Pages?

Tablet mode still not available in Apps (Free)

1 Like

We are still updating these settings. CC @DJP

3 Likes

Hey, Messias! Thanks for pointing these two issues out

We are rolling out the fix for Tablet mode access on Free team plans

We noticed the bug on sign-in options for Pages earlier, and that is still in progress

3 Likes

@kyleheney, thank you for reply. Weā€™re using user-specific column for filters. About the country, I canā€™t find any plugin to dynamically detect the visitor country.

Would love to see the limit on updates increased on a per-app basis on the starter plan

2500 edits, adds and deletes and especially syncs a month almost makes the apps un usable if split across the five available projects

Went from unlimited on premium plan to a fraction and would need to double my spend again to get it back.

2 Likes

@DJP Hi David,

I had Pro subscription in one of my App in MyApps which I cancelled after using few days. Till now, I used to see the credit in Billing page of MyApps. I am not able to see anything here today.

Where can see the credits I have?