Added an action text but it does not appear in the view

First time reporting a bug? Refer to our Start Here post.

My App/Pages support link:

Describe the bug:

• Describe the bug in simple terms
    I have a table that is a summary table of other tables (Google sheet).
    I then added several action texts, each attached to a column of that table.
    All the action text are displayed as expected only the first row does not… IT has the same exact structure as the rest
    This worked for several years and suddenly stopped.

Expected behavior:

• What should happen?
    I would expect to see this action text with the values from the column it is attached but it does not…
    How to replicate:
  • List the steps, in detail, for recreating the issue

Link to demo recording (optional):

• Create a screen recording with Loom

Do you have screenshots you can share?

1 Like

Yes
See attachment

Adding a video:
https://youtu.be/TwHIUCTMA5Q

I think it’s because the value is empty. That first one is the only one that doesn’t show a value according to the dropdown in your screenshot and video. Is it true that the particular column in your data is empty? Glide usually will not show a component if there is no value to show, but there are ways around that.

Since you have a lot of action text components, is it common that a value could be empty for any one of them, or would it only happen for the first one?

3 Likes

The value is not empty. I don’t know why Glide thinks it’s empty.

Do you have screenshots from the data editor showing that the column has a value in it?

1 Like

First of all I want to thank you for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.
I checked again and you were right :wink:
The specific value WAS empty and that is why it didn’t show it (I have too much automation there and couple of tables that correlates to each other)

Thank you again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.