🆕 Actions! ⚡⚡⚡

From what I hear, you won’t have to wait long. :shushing_face:

9 Likes

Add row Feature I’d working on the editor properly …but in my pro app it is not working…Is there issue with Add row functionality?

1 Like

@chethan_M Could you give us a support link and tell us exactly how to reproduce the problem?

Guys @Robert_Petitto @ThinhDinh @Jeff_Hager @Wiz.Wazeer @Manan_Mehta and all the Experts,

Can we have single point library / list of all the use-case of Compound Action, may be a separate thread so that people like me (less-creative) can use it and potentially use it in our App? or may be Glide can create library of all possible use-case of compound action taking help of Certified Experts or of all people who participates.

I understand that there will be many potential use of Compound Action.

Thanks

7 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. So many use cases, and not only from certified experts, a thread where we post examples would be really helpful.

We can also ask Manan to include this in his app as a separate Compound tab.

4 Likes

To be absolutely honest with you, the only latest feature I’ve tested is show notifications. I’ve been too busy with a few things. I should be free over the weekend when I will turn my attention to compound actions to see what I can bring to it. Robert has already covered a lot of grounds!

But I agree overall we need a thread and @JackVaughan videos.

All I can tell you now having had a cursory look at it, some previously back-end stuff are one front-end. My man area of interest row and columns. Most of tother stuff we are already doing as workarounds.

1 Like

I tried doing that here: :arrow_double_down: Compound Action Examples: Contribute!

The problem with starting a new thread is that it will inevitably become littered with comments and off-topic responses, etc. Maybe a Glide app would be better?

5 Likes

Yrs good point

1 Like

Agree. Can we have separate Glide App for this?

2 Likes

Yes, that would be better.

3 Likes

Can we also make a set column option to set entire column except header? I see we have it currently available for “this row”. I would love to have it work to clear entire column.

That just junks up my sheet :joy:
As if I don’t have enough templates already
But that seems like the short-term solution, oh well :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Is the Glide created “New Column A” intended as a way to select the whole column?

@Mark @Robert_Petitto @david

Everyone else,

Has anybody tried the actions live yet?

I changed a form button to an add row action. It works well on the editor but when students were using it live, it would take the items off their inventory making it impossible for them to using them. It seems to reset itself after a few seconds.

I reversed to using the form button again because of that.

I have seen something similar happening in another app where the actions work well in the Editor but not live.

2 Likes

Looks like we need a new Category! Let’s move the conversation there! https://community.glideapps.com/c/actions/26

4 Likes

Thanks @Jack

1 Like

OK, I set up one of these last week and it is skipping all of the actions except the last ones.

Specifically it is not “Incrementing” action the column values - they remain untouched. Although it does do the last action.

Are some of these not executing for others?

Are the columns you’re incrementing number columns?

@david I’m creating a compound action with more than 5 conditions, and each condition I have more than 7/8 sub-conditions…

But, I’m gonna implement this new action to more than 10 apps…

That’s a real case I’d use it.

2 Likes

Just added a new tab in my app! https://bookmarks.glideapp.io/

3 Likes