Action to a button: show the next data entry?

Can I design a specific action to a button to display the data under the same setting from the next to the current row in the source sheet? Thanks.

I am a little confused! Can’t do it with compound actions?

So you want to navigate between records?

“Compound action”? Under “Action” and “create new action”?
I am very new to Glide, and appreciate for the help.

1 Like

Yes, want to go to the next data entry…

That is, once the registration is finished, you want to go to the next registration.

“Registration”? Is it a way to handle the data entry from the sheet?

It’s an element called “Form Button.” With that the users of your application will be able to enter data in their Google spreadsheet.

Not expecting data input from an user, but rather to show my data from the next entry with the same setting.

It’s just one way to define it.

Do you want to show the data that you will enter in the future?

@Robert_Petitto will give you a better explanation.

The data is in the sheet, and I want the button always go to the next entry. Say, currently I am displaying the entry row no. 5, by clicking the button, display row no. 6, and then, click the same button, display no.7.
Can this be possible?

Yes! Add a column in your google spreadsheet and also a button on that tab. The button will give the increment functionality and will assign the column that I told it to create.

The rows will put it as a text element. Now, to row one, in visibility, tell it “Show element if column (The one assigned to be incremented) is 1”.
So on with the other elements. Only that it will be in order; for example, “Show element if column is 1”, “Show element if column is 2”, and so on.

1 Like

Glide might be coming out with a way to navigation between records in the near future…hang tight!

2 Likes

Is this what you need?

I made a side-by-side button with conditional increments.

THANKS! I will give it a try…

Thank you, Pana, but I still need your help. Sorry for not being familiar with many of the basic.

“Add a column in your google spreadsheet and also a button on that tab. The button will give the increment functionality and will assign the column that I told it to create.”
++
Done the above. My added column called “navigation”

“The rows will put it as a text element.”
++
Do I need to do any setting for this?

"Now, to row one, in visibility, tell it “Show element if column (The one assigned to be incremented) is 1”.
++
Now I am lost. “visibility” under which section?

In general:

1. Do I need to assign any value/text to my “navigation” column?
  2. With the button (under feature, increment, increment by 1), it will add a value to the row being shown at the moment. How it moves to the next row?

This is exactly what I want. Is there a way to share the design of this nice example?

I have a user-specific “Page Choice” column here, which is interacted directly by the buttons.

I have 20 items, each with its own “number”. When the user increments or decrements using the buttons, I use a relation from the Page Choice column to the Pagination number, then pulls back the image & content.