Action to a button: show the next data entry?

THANKS!

Sorry for being naïve, could you please teach me more?

“I have a user-specific “Page Choice” column here, which is interacted directly by the buttons.”
++
Do I need to have this column in a new sheet?

"I have 20 items, each with its own “number”. When the user increments or decrements using the buttons, "
++
I understand this.

“I use a relation from the Page Choice column to the Pagination number, then pulls back the image & content.”
++
How to use “relation”, and how to “pull back” the target data?

Learn about relation columns here:
https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/data-editor/computed-columns/relation-column

how did you add two buttons side by side?

I also feel that it is rather amazing…

You can’t

@Pablo_books correct. But you can use a inline list instead.

@xjieyang you could possibly also have inspiration from this post with quite a few explanations on how-to do
Upload multiple images to Cloudinary

1 Like

I make it on the same sheet where I have all the data.

About relation, if you find something difficult to understand feel free to ask. To pull back data, use a lookup on top of a relation.

Thank you for the kind reply.

I viewed the instructional video a few times, am able to understand the concept, but still can not figure out how to make it work.

While use a button to increase a value in a designed column, it will be all it can do, right? How to make the component to load the data in the right row? Where to find “a lookup” from “a relation”? Is a relation added to the component or to the data sheet? (Even follow the video, I can only find out a “list relation”, not a “relation”.)

Sorry for all these simple questions. If you could share a few more screen shots from your sample project, it would be a great help.

So far I have completed my first try of my app, without this desired function. I must say, only with a few days of the practice, I found that the Glide is really powerful. For this reason, it made me want to learn about it more.

Classical KANA
1 Like

Your relation should be single, as in the multiple match option won’t be checked.

Then create a lookup column. Use the relation as the source, and pull back a column of your choice. In my case, I have 2 lookup columns for image & content.

It works! Perfectly.
THANKS.
(Already reflected in the app.)

1 Like