How to Set Up "Next" and "Previous" Buttons for Navigation in Glide App

Hi Glide Community,

I’m working on a Glide app where I need to add “Next” and “Previous” buttons to navigate between items in a list. I’ve created columns in my data sheet for “Next” and “Previous” with the unique identifiers of the respective items, but I’m struggling to find the correct action to link these buttons to the corresponding screens.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. Created “Next” and “Previous” columns in my data sheet.
  2. Added Columns in my data linking to “next” and "previous rows using ID
  3. Added button components on the detail screen.
  4. Tried to set the button actions to navigate to the detail screens of the next and previous items.

But I can’t seem to find any action that will allow me to use the button to navigate.

However, I’m not seeing an action called “Navigate to Screen” or something similar that would allow me to link the buttons to the specific items referenced in my columns.

Could someone please guide me on how to properly set up these navigation buttons? Are there any updated action names or settings I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solved I needed to setup relation columns to use the navigation in the buttons.

You can use the Show Details Screen action and point the source to the relations that you made instead of the default “this item”.

Thank You for the reply. There does not seem to be any data to select when I use ‘Show Details Screen’.

Are you using single relations to link to the other rows?

Not right now, I can do whatever I need to but I don’t have a relation column setup at the momnet. I just listed the next and previous row ID

Yeah, you need relations to create that link to the previous or next row. Just make sure to not select the multiple checkbox when creating them.

Got it. Thank You very much for your help. I’ll edit this post as soved!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.