How to replicate glide university prev/next buttons in a detailed screen?

Hello,

Do you know how to replicate glide university prev/next buttons in a detailed screen? I managed to make the items change using @Jeff_Hager post:

The problem is that I don’t know what to do when I have rows in different categories. Like in glide university they have many courses, how to make them not to interfere with one another when I switch items?

Here’s glide prev/next buttons:

I think the simplest solution would be to create two template columns. One that joins the category name/ID to the previous number, and one that joins the category name/ID to the next number. Then switch your relation columns to use the template columns.

But, that’s only going to get you so far. This is assuming that all of your rows are in sequence, where each category is grouped together with each row in each category in the order you want. If you start to add rows to a category out of order or intermixed with other categories, then this is not going to work well at all.

For a more robust solution, it would require rethinking the logic. Would you be opposed to manually filling in the previous and next numbers? Is order of each item important within a category? I ask because with something like the university courses, order of each item in a category is crucial. Or is order of items not important to you as long as they are grouped by category? I think it would help to understand your use case a little better to determine the proper method.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.