🙏🙏>25K rows in GT, or external database. So needed!

I’ve come to the point where I need Glide to scale. I have a client who paid $6.1K for an app, and he LOVES it, but we can’t get more than 50 users on it. He wants at least 300. We blow past the row limit because they make 8 row entries a day - we already blew past google sheet’s multiple simultaneous entries limitation. I am considering other no code tools now for this app, but that is the last thing we want to do. My client would absolutely pay for the extra storage, or the ability to connect to another database like Backendless. I need at least 2 million rows. Would love if Glide could give the option to scale!

I don’t know if you can tell it, but… why this amount per user? Is this really needed? :thinking:

Yes, unless there is some other way to structure it. Its a habit app. Each user needs to complete 8 habits a day. It must be formatted as 8 buttons to press. Recording the entries as separate rows is important because the entries get rolled up into weekly, monthly, quarterly totals for a time vs points chart. Is there a way to fit this all in 25K rows?

If you need to log every single habit completed per day and per user, I guess adding row is the only way to do it.
If not, I know a way to save you

1 Like

@Lucas_Pires How about charts per user? For example the monthly chart showing, Jan -21 points, Feb - 100 points, Mar - 87 points, etc.

1 Like

Would it work as one row per user per day, with an 8 element array for the habits? (Habit 1, Habit 2, Habit 3, etc).
I believe you can target individual elements of an array column with a rollup, so those should still work.

The only thing is even if we got it to 1 row per day per user, that’s still 365 days * 300 users = 109K rows.

mmm, yeah…

Once the data has been rolled up into weekly/monthly, do you still need direct access to the daily data?
Wondering if you could process it, then offload to a separate spreadsheet on a regular basis?

I’ve been thinking about that. But I’d like it all to be automated. For this app, I’m really starting to think we just need more rows, some way somehow.

That’s what I meant by saying if you wouldn’t need to log every single habit completed, for example

Like, e.g. using increment

I tried the increment, but I couldn’t make charts. If there was a way to periodically take the increment value and log it somewhere that could work. Haven’t been able to figure that out.

1 Like

Mm… well, it’s hard to explain now, but I’m planning to post here a new method I’ve created called Trebuchet.

Funny name but it will open our minds to create new logics inside glide and take our apps to another level :relaxed: I let you know when I post here

4 Likes

Should be pretty straight forward, eh?
Could be done with any automation tool - Integromat, Zapier (I assume), or even Apps Script.

1 Like

This is going to be my issue soon too! Users submit many values on a daily basis. Mine is about check in, extra in and cover in where 18 admins check in 18 times a day plus extra in if they have free time to work plus cover in if someone is absent and someone else wants to cover him/her!

Looking forward to your brilliant solutions as usual @Lucas_Pires

2 Likes

The best thing is to use another google sheet with filtering archived data and this also can be done using Zapier to input the data because you wont be able to do it through glide

So use your forms to catch data in an empty sheet in the spreadsheet and then catch the data by zapier (new or updated row)
Then delete the data to avoid the count
3rd step to insert it in the other google sheet

So in the way above you will be able to use import range with filter and only show data to a certain dates or value

Let me know if this needs to be explained more

1 Like

Hola @Errcomp

Have you tried to create the charts using quickchart.io that way you could use some rollups and maybe save some rows?

Zapier and intergromat needs google sheets? I actually need it on Glide Tables. I hit google sheet’s limit on simultaneous entries but GT handles it great. I just need more rows :pray:

For the suggestions from @Yasin_Hassanien @SantiagoPerez, @Lucas_Pires i think I’d also need google sheets for those too, no?

In my case, my method I use only glide

1 Like

Hey !

Based on the informations you mentioned I think that using the Glide spreadsheet may help you.

You may want to check this topic :

https://community.glideapps.com/t/please-help-us-test-glide-sheets/14194?u=aymenm

@Lucas_Pires oh that’s great! I’ll be interested to see! Neat name too.

1 Like