Where is user data stored?

Hi,
First time user here, with (I think) a simple question that I can’t find the answer for. I’ve got a basic spreadsheet, 3 tabs of plain data. Nothing fancy. Those tabs don’t currently include user data, but I’ve enabled user registration via Glide.

Where can I see user data after someone logs in? I read a few comments here that said a new tab would be created in the Google Sheet, but that’s not happened.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andy

Ah, I got there in the end. The instructions here https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/security-and-per-user-data/user-profiles say to “sign out”. But that’s not from the app sign-out button. You have to disable the “Viewing as” menu to the left of the app design page.

Then hit sign-in on the app, and you’ll get the option to pick the user table in your sheet.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

To clarify here’s how it works.

You set up a Sheet as your User Profiles sheet in the builder, with columns for email, name & image.

Then to see it automatically populated when a new user signs in, what you would do is publish the app and try to sign in on the real version, instead of the builder.

If you don’t enable User Profiles, the only info that will be written to the Sheet is logs of user login timestamps, in a Sheet called “App: Logins”.

1 Like