What just happened in Desktop mode? 🧐

By the way, I don’t think a zoom or resolution setting would eliminate the white space to the left and right of the centered components on the pages? It would just change the size of things. That’s maybe a good clue…

My apps are basically the “phone version” but scaled horizontally in the browser window on desktop. So I suspect the app thinks it should display in phone mode and then just scales accordingly. Rather like it doesn’t recognise that it’s in a desktop window.

1 Like

@Deena, can you please add jason@heyglide.com to your app?

1 Like

@V88 tablet mode only activates when the screen is larger than 600px in both directions, otherwise it will fall back to phone layout. Can you confirm your browser things the window is at least that big?

1 Like

And it’s the INSTALLED app - not in a browser…

Okay, so, the app installed got corrupted or something - which is also not good or expected. Please see video @Jason you’re whitelisted to go in- I open the app in new browser and it’s fine, then I click “show fullscreen” still in browser and it’s fine. Then I open from the Installed App (installed at least 2 weeks ago) from my Dock- and it’s the big version. Again, this is not zoom or display resolution issue . I am good for now - I will delete and reinstall the app later - unless you need to “inspect” something in my corrupted app. Maybe it will never happen again- if it does I’ll report it.

Hi Deena,

I think we’ve identified the issue. Im testing a hotfix now.

Jason

3 Likes

Amazing, as always! I’m just glad it wasn’t part of the Tuesday treats (@Rosewebstudio)! Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Yup. Absolutely. It’s like a scaled phone UI irrespective of how big or small I make it i.e. at any size

The hotfix has rolled out, please test :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fixed! The installed app that was having the display issue is fine now. Thank you! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Now that wouldn’t be a treat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! Get in there Team Glide!

1 Like

Hi this hot fix seems to have messed up the required fields

Pretty sure thats not the hotfix. Can you link me to the app?

Sorry it’s locked down and I’m out at the moment sorry

I suspect if you re-publish the app in the builder the issue will go away

Ok Jason, will have to do it later. I will keep this thread updated, unless anyone else can chip in, in the meantime

And I will be looking into what causes that :slight_smile:

Nice one, thanks @Jason, we can always rely on you to fix things. Keep up the sterling working your doing (but don’t work too hard :))

1 Like

Fixed now thanks

1 Like