Welcome screen onboarding not working properly. Why?

Just to clarify, Row ID and Row Owners are completely different things. That’s fine if you don’t use Row Owners. Just wanted to make you aware if you need data security down the road as all data that is not protected by row owners is downloaded to a user’s device, regardless if it’s visible or not. When Row Owners is enabled, then only that user’s data is downloaded, which is what provides the added security.

I’m saying that when you have User Profiles enabled, the experience can be different in the builder vs. the published app, since you don’t actually sign into the app in the builder, so it doesn’t automatically create the user profile row for you. If you are only testing in the builder, then you need to make sure you already have a row for whichever email you are previewing as. When signing in through the published app url, then it should automatically create a new row for you (email only).

All I’m saying is that if it’s not automatically creating the row for you, then you either, have not enabled user profiles, or you deleted the row for an email that has already signed in and you may need to delete the underlying user data that glide keeps track of.

3 Likes

I have tried it in live version. Just for the sake of photos i took from the builder to show what is happening.

I checked, I have user profiles enabled. Again i tried with completely new email id in incognito mode.
Then I set the filter and went to live to check but again everything greyed out and cp (complete profile) button did not show up.

The delete user data in privacy options is not there for me.

It has worked for me before. Is it possible that now glide changes the actual email address of the user, the sheet is not able to populate or show the information exactly it should?

Is there other way to set user onboarding. Right now i am trying the robert pettito way mentioned on youtube tutorial

Is your app public, or public with email?

You may need to record some video of the behaviour to show what is happening. There’s a setting somewhere that isn’t right, it’s hard to tell where based on what you’re describing.

2 Likes

it’s public with email.
I will do the video then

It worked it worked :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It removed email condition from hasprofile in db and then added complete profile visibility to when email is not empty.

Data got populated at the right place… I cannot believe I think I figured it out

3 Likes

Phew :disappointed_relieved: well done :+1:

haha still loooong way to go, but it feels damn good… Has been stuck there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s all about taking time, thinking, trying, asking and then when you finally work it out, celebrate :tada:

1 Like