Webview component šŸ‘€

Nice.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much, @JackVaughan and Glide team!

1 Like

Nice One! Thx @JackVaughan & The Glide Team .

1 Like

Can you webview another glide app ?

Doesnā€™t work when I try in staging.

Thanks for this! Iā€™d been trying to find a way to embed a 360 spherical image and nothing had worked - but this component does the trick. (I use Momento360 to host the images.)

1 Like

Why donā€™t have full size, the large size its to small to full screen. I donā€™t under standā€¦

1 Like

Have you tried using the web view action on a button instead if you need a full screen web view?

Yes, but from a button you go to the default browser and exit the app. I prefer that it stay within the app.

The ā€˜web viewā€™ action on a button does not leave the app, however the ā€˜open linkā€™ action will.

@JackVaughan ā€“ frankly, and with a large respect: I paid for the pro app; want to use webview component and, while testing several urls, I have received errors, either ā€œthis content is blockedā€¦ā€ or ā€œā€¦ may not allow itself to be embeddedā€¦ā€ etc. ā€“ yes, I see the note in documentation about sites ā€œpreventing themselvesā€ from being embeddedā€¦ - so what do I need to do to allow the site to be embedded? line of code? it will be helpful to know - thank you!!

1 Like

It is the block from the website and Glide canā€™t do much about this, as I understand.

3 Likes

Thanks @ThinhDinh - I understand ā€“ however what type of block? just for my own sanity sake Iā€™ve tested secure and non-secure sites (those without https fail 100%, with https randomly) ā€” google-hosted or google sites fail ā€“ so whatā€™s the commonality here? Out of pure curiosity, Iā€™d want to double check and perhaps even research it before Iā€™d offer a vague statement in docs AND: Iā€™m frankly quite ticked off at this, especially that it is advertised as a pro option ā€¦

2 Likes

Glide can perhaps handle the failure better and thatā€™s what Iā€™ve asked for.

MyCommunityFridge.com

Im tryin to WebView action from button my user side app but it just keeps spinning and doesnt log in

and when i use the component it does not ope full screen is this a bug?

can someone help me

Are you trying to webview a Glide App?

Yes from my pro to freeapp

for the Admin vs User App

Iā€™m not entirely sure that webview would work with a Glide App, probably you can contact support to ask about that, or try a whole new empty app to see if it indeed doesnā€™t work.

it works in the app builder but not on the actual phone

1 Like

thatā€™s cool

1 Like