↗️ Webhook Action Tutorial

How did you make the contact icons from an inline list in the first screen in the video? Can anyone tell me how to do that?

That looks like an Inline List using a Tiles Layout.

1 Like

Is anybody aware if we could directly trigger qpps script with a webhook?

Currently I use the onedit or onchange trigger.

Do you mean trigger Apps Script using a Glide webhook, or???

As far as I know (and have observed), an onEdit() trigger will never detect a change/edit that comes from Glide. A change that originates from Glide will only ever fire an onChange() trigger.

2 Likes

Yes trigger Apps Script using a Glide webhook. Is that possible?
(Currently Apps Scripts gets triggered from the GSheet)

OnEdit does’nt work for a new row, works for existing.
OnChange works for every new change in the sheet and that’s too many executions on Apps Scripts which I am trying to avoid altogether.

1 Like

I guess it would be possible, but you’d need to create your own web service to listen for the webhook.

Are lots of executions actually causing you problems? I have triggers in most of my projects that are fired thousands of times a day, and I rarely see any problems.

I’m surprised to see that, as I’ve never been able to get an onEdit trigger to fire with a Glide change. So I’ll have to do some more testing

Hola @Manan_Mehta

What about if you set your GS Script and deploy it as a Web App?

In this way your script will be running (in “background”) listening and waiting for parameters to run as soon as possible.

Saludos

1 Like

This is what I thought too.
Do you have any tutorial links to create a web app from the script and create a webhook out of it.
I have never done this before.

I think there’s an upper limit to triggering on Google Apps Scripts

Yes, there is, 90 mins total runtime on the free tier. But if you have a trigger that takes more than a second or two to execute, then it could probably do with some optimisation :wink:

But it is 90 min per day!!

I almost cried when I read your reply because of I have a Script running each 1min every hour 24x7.

The script lasts less than 2 sec running

Saludos @Darren_Murphy

Use it @Manan_Mehta

1 Like

Okay, so let’s say you have a time-based trigger that runs every minute, and it takes 2 seconds.
That’s 60 executions per hour, times 24 hours in a day, so 1440 executions per day.
1440 times 2 = 2880 seconds total execution time.
2880 seconds is 48 minutes, so you’ve used just over half of your quota for the day.

But… 2 seconds execution time for 1 minute time-based trigger raises a big red flag for me. If it’s taking that long, I’d be taking a very close look at why it’s so slow.

Right @Darren_Murphy

These are my stats. My problem and scene is that my laptop works as server (it’s simulating several values like a real machine) and my internet (upload) should be one of the worst in the world. My script depends on my laptop’s reply.

When I change my ISP, these execution times must descrease a lot.

Soon I will put my APP to be tested and seen by you all.

Feliz día!

2 Likes

ah, I see. So you’re dealing with network latency. Yeah, that changes everything…

1 Like

I have set up a button with webhook action to zapier that adds an event to Google calendar. It’s working but what I need instead is to automatically have this happen when a new row is added. I can’t use the normal zap checking for new row because the data I need (math, dates, etc) for google calendar is in glide, not the Google sheet. How can I trigger the webhook upon a new row being created?

You’d have to do this as part of a multi-step action in Glide.
So when the user clicks the button (or whatever) that causes the new row to be added, part of the action sequence associated with that is the webhook call.

1 Like

I’ve tried that but I’m running into roadblocks. I’m creating multiple rows in the calendar upon a submit form in another screen.

Can you provide some more details to help understand where you are getting stuck?

• What have you tried?
  • What’s working?
  • What isn’t working?
  • Do you have any screen shots, or a short video?
1 Like

My issue is that the calendar values I need for the webhook are on another screen. A relation and lookup isn’t working because it’s a one to many relation (I add one item, then add several rows to the calendar sheet with various calculated dates). See pics of the webhook that is functioning correctly (triggered when the user manually add an item to the calendar) and my custom action where I need to add the webhook.