Very tiny feature request for better UX in image slider

Hello! I the option to swipe images in the image slider is very subtle - a user only gets to see the number of images at the beginning when loading the images. Most users oversee that and don’t realize the images are swipeable.

I think the UX can be much improved by for example showing the classic arrows on the edges of the image, or the (also classic) dots at the bottom.

7 Likes

Dots dots dots! :grin:

4 Likes

Go Dots! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dots yesterday, Dots today, Dots forever :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Anyone know, is there a limit to the number of images you can have in an image carousel or just what number you permit by setting up the column for each?

2 Likes

I have tried upto 4 without any issues.

1 Like

3 Likes

My be this will help until Glide releases the feature: create a text component with “->” or “…”and place it under image carousel. Make it’s visiblity dependent upon second image in the array. I remember using “swipe left” footnote under the carousel in the past.

For a better UX/UI could change as we slide each image

2 Likes

100% @Lucas_Pires. I think that’s what you meant even though the dots look animated @Robert_Petitto?

1 Like

That’s what I’m hoping for, ya!

2 Likes

DOTS DOTS DOTS!! Please

4 Likes

@deena tried hundred but it gets really slow and might crash. But that is understandable as the size can get very large as “one image”

1 Like

Oh wow! I’m just thinking like 8 to 10 ha ha! So I guess I’ll be OK LOL

LOL I stared at 2 secs to the image tryna figure out something, and… OH YEAH, ok, dots :joy:

1 Like

@deena search for image carousel- I made quite a few comments on that

Actually I can see I tried 540 images in one carousel

And here is a way to indicate multiple images in a carousel. But would love to see a native solution

2 Likes

Have you considered making a gif and uploading it to 3/4th array column?

1 Like

These would be user uploads…

2 Likes

@deena found the post about lots of images in an image carousel.

1 Like

Juicy! Going to read it right now. :smile: