Using App Script with a JSON API

For complex JSON structures, it would be awesome if glide created an entire separate glide table from the JSON object. They could set it up to pull input values from another sheet, then populate the results from the API in a separate table, complete with headings and data.

This is technically what I’m already doing with ImportJSON in the google sheet. I have a personal app where I get data from the API of a campground reservation system to populate an entire sheet with data from one of my favorite campgrounds. I then do some massaging of the data and filtering to find open camp sites for the next year, only on weekends, and only if 2 nights are available. This is a very popular campground and hard to get into if you don’t reserve a year in advanced. The great thing is that people cancel last minute quite often, so this gives me a leg up on jumping on those cancellations. It’s much easier than navigating the campground website and and having to page week by week to see what’s available. This gives me a quick view of what’s currently available over a long period of time and allows me to snag a campsite before anybody else does.

6 Likes