Using a Progress Bar to Count Items Completed in Checklist

I’m a little bit at a loss for how to proceed here and feel like there must be a simpler way to achieve what I’m doing.

Here is my app:

Here is my sheet:

Basically, we have a check in/check out checklist for rental orders. I would really like to add a progress bar at the top so its much more clear if they have completed all of the prep tasks, and then another progress bar if they have completed all of the return tasks.

I found a few people suggesting to use roll up columns, but it seems like that will count the true check boxes vertically, when my projects run on the sheet horizontally.

I started to try and use CountIF, but found that wouldn’t work with an array formula. I did find some other solutions in sheets, but it was a bit uncharted territory and I’m wondering if there is a simpler way to achieve this. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah, the problem with horizontal checklists is that you can’t use rollups (and thus are not dynamic in the event you wanted to add more items to the list).

You’ll need to create a math column that adds the true/false values for each column together to get the user’s progress and then tell Glide how many checkboxes there are in order to create the progress bar.

1 Like

Great, that seems like a pretty easy way to go about it. Thank you.

Just curious, how would I have made my checklist vertical?

There’s a couple ways to do it but basically you use user specific columns. I talk more about it here:
:repeat: How to set up a recurring daily checklist

1 Like