User Specific Columns + User Profiles Demo

From @Mark:

To make the Like button really useful we have to ship user-specific columns first …but you won’t be able to rollup yet. To do that we’ll have to implement rollup over user-specific columns, which will take us a while. That’ll also apply to the Favorite then.

1 Like

You are right @kyleheney

I just re-checked both scenarios (public APP or when a user is signed in) and everything works as you wrote. The data is saved “per instance” and not “per device” as I saw when I tested it using several public APP.

The “instance” is the right term to be used in my case.

Thanks for the help!

Saludos y feliz fin de semana!

Thanks Robert.
Just what I was looking for.

1 Like

@CESI I understand your dilemma. The matrix is probably the best as far as UI. I can’t think of a better solution right now with that many shift choices.

Without Jeff this place would be dull :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Big thank you to Glide. Jeff,Rober, Gvalero, pleases to announce I’ve been promoted by Glide. But I don’t know why i can’t access the community from the experts app anymore. Has it happened to anyone else?

2 Likes

Congrats! What do you mean by the experts app?

Tx. There is this glide experts app that I had been using to access the community for the last 2 months or so. Didn’t require me to use browser to access the community. But that community access button is no longer there. It was so much easier just to access the place from inside the app. Now I am having to access the place via Glideapp.com. The user experience isn’t the same.

Anyways, in a day or two I will have your brilliant booking script up and running on my app. I fixed the problem.

Tx Jeff.

2 Likes

Ah yes. Forgot about that app. I just keep that community open on my browser, so I never have to go find it. You should be able to add the community as an app on your phone too with the Add to Homescreen option.

I’m going have to do the same.

Jeff I need your help. I know you can pull this off. I’m onto something here. I think Robert and I are facing the same issue but he is looking into it. I’ve tried every which way in the editor to get the names of the items ordered in the final orders sheet in one single row without the aid of formulae. I’m taking about the multiple sign up food ordering theme. I managed to get everything into one array template inside the editor by going in reverse order to link one tab with two sheets. I started with middle sheet, the Orders sheet. Then I worked backwards to the menu sheet and leap frogged to the final orders sheet. Basically, I had to use the orders sheet as the bridge to connect both the menu items with final orders confirmation sheet, to get everything from product code, price, quantity, business name, business phone and email, in ONE CELL in a single row. The only thing I couldn’t get inside the array template was the items.

Robert was talking about using pivot tables to get his info in a single cell to Zapier.

Is there no way we can do this without using formulas. If I could get this done, I’m onto solving something big.

Gvalero and I discussed this. He is looking into it as well. It would save us hundreds of rows and Zapiers. I love Gvalero food ordering app and he is using a single row to get everything done. But with mine we trying to achieve something else, being a multi purpose cart that allows items to be selected on menu itself.

Have a think. I can even send you the sheet.

Tx

Are you trying to get a single text value of an array of items all concatenated together in the confirmed final orders sheet?

What’s the difference between what you already have with product codes and the items?

I’m having trouble visualizing what you want to see in the end.

Ah sorry. I should have said neither the product nor the Items . Good one. Everything managed via lookup etc as in columns. But these being in rows, having difficulty. Because I spent so much on items, product codes escaped me.

Jeff any thoughts or do I have to use formula to get the items/pc in with the rest in the array?

Sorry, I’ve been reading through this over and over and I have an older copy of your app that I’ve been studying (I’m sure it’s changed quite a bit), but I’m still a little confused. In the copy that I have, you have an order sheet and a final confirmed sheet. Looks like all items are added to the order sheet, then when confirmed, you write a record to the final confirmed sheet.

Do you have any screenshots to help me picture what your issue is?

What I’m picturing in my head is that you are asking for one text string of all items, in the final confirmed row, all concatenated together. Not an array, but just text. Purely basing off the old copy of your app, I can see a lookup array of the items for the order. What do you want to do with the data? Do you want it ultimately submitted to the sheet?

Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around this and I haven’t followed all of the ordering app conversations very closely.

2 Likes

Tx for reply as ever. Okay here is what I am trying convey.

1. Orders received
  2. Final confirmation.
  3. Data editor.

As you could see wrapped everything within cell inside the editor (final confirmation) for summary of order. But could not get items from orders sheet inside the same cell, although managed in editor to do it. But couldn’t transfer it.

:joy: as long as you can see. Sorry I’m working in the dark. Just put kids to sleep.

Ideally I wanted everything in a single row in the spreadsheet. This way I could get rid of the orders sheet later on. Restaurant can see price etc but not items. Because of this one glitch I would be sending out 3 emails so to speak just for one order.

Ok. That’s kind of what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure. I’ll give it some thought.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Jeff got the booking form to work on the app. But couldn’t get it write the data to the sheet. Any particular reason?