🆕 Glide Tables

Introducing Glide Tables

Glide Tables are like Google Sheets, but they live in Glide and have some exciting properties:

• They can hold much more data than a Google Sheet.
  • You can share tables between apps.
  • They don’t cause sheet edits/sheet reloads.

There are also some limitations

• They are not yet as easy to edit as your Google Sheet.
  • You cannot import or export data in bulk, but we are working on that.
  • Only basic columns and user-specific columns are shared when you share a Glide Table between apps—computed columns are not yet shared with the table.

Enjoy!

36 Likes

Can this get any better!!!

2 Likes

Yes.

9 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed::cry::sob::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

@david, @mark, I tested various screen size on my computer, but since the “glide table” I cannot access any more to the right arrow to access my tabs … so I just cannot work anymore (time for holiday!)

[Edit] Thanks for the correction @Mark

5 Likes

@david this is amazing!!

Can you give us some more information regarding how our data is used in glide tables? Especially in regards to user/ client data privacy.

@_eric I am not sure what you mean. You decide how your app’s data is used.

You can read our terms of service and privacy policy:

1 Like

Just looking for more information in regards to privacy surrounding data stored in glide tables. Our clients will ask us and we need to be informed on how to navigate those conversations.

Does glide read the data? Do third parties have access to any types of user data? GDPR compliance… things like that.

Yes, Glide reads and writes the data to your Glide Tables—how else could they work?

4 Likes

Are there row limits on the Glide Tables?

1 Like

@david, in addition to the issue to access the right arrow to see our other tabs, I have a very basic question: how do we use those “Glide Tabs”? (see my video, where I cannot input any data nor bring-in data with “single value”)

1 Like

You must add data via your app for now.

I LOVE this! :heart:

4 Likes

User-specific columns, however, are shared!

8 Likes

This looks cool guys.

Question 1: If two apps are sharing a Glide Sheet will I see faster updates in app 1 when changes are made by app2 compared to the same scenario with Google Sheets?

Question 2: I use Integromat a LOT to look for new rows in Google Sheets such that I can alert users about “stuff”. How will I achieve this with Glide Sheets? Will you introduce an Integromat “hook” for new row added or perhaps an Integromat action for a submission? Same goes for updating a row?

Thanks
Mark

4 Likes

Amazing!

I’m exploring the glide builder here!!!

1 Like

great work team!

1 Like

Yes, within a second or two.

We will do this eventually but no plans yet.

Well, I know what I’m doing tonight.

5 Likes

I’m assuming we won’t have a zapier connection to those tables soon, right?
So, all notifications whose trigger is a new row should still be happening in Gsheets?
What would be a good rule of thumb regarding what kind of data should be stores in thee Glide table vs Google Sheets?

4 Likes