🆕 Glide Tables

I have the same question and would also like to know if emails directly through glide are in the short term plan versus long-term.

2 Likes

I hope Zapier is added to the top list among the bulk it would let is interact with external services.

3 Likes

Just tried it first time, quite excited!

However I found a problem when I tried to set some visibility conditions using a relation/lookup between a normal sheet and a Glide sheet.

Normal sheet: Events
Glide sheet: Events RSVP

I use a form to write data to a Glide sheet to store RSVP choices for events.

Then back in the “normal” Events sheet, I use a relation matching a template column to another template column in RSVP. It does return everything right in the relation and lookup column.

However, when I use them here in a conditional visibility, not sure why the button does not show up.

It’s strange because another relation between the two sheets does return the right thing in the “Look who’s joining” inline list.

Thank you if you can have some minutes to look at this @Mark.

2 Likes

Could you try setting an action on the Button, please?

How did you manage to get a Button with “None” as the action anyway?

1 Like

Thanks Mark you’re right! Seems like the action was reset to none after I change the relation to link with the new Glide sheet. When I set it to “link to screen” again the button reappears.

That’s really amazing you launched it so fast! Congrats!

I have 2 questions:

1. Will you prevent or limit users to connect Glide Apps with Google Sheets? Now or in the future?
  2. Your idea of Glide Tables is really great: connect database features with a table. A similar idea was in many minds, but the core difference is in the simplicity of usage. Do you plan to promote Glide Tables as a separate product?

Way to go!

1 Like

Would love an importrange style function to sync from Google sheets to Glide Tables

3 Likes

They are working on importing data to Glide tables via uploading files, if I recall right (CSV, XLS etc.)

2 Likes

Amazing update, i’m very excited.

is happening this bugs in my new tables.
when insert some value in this tables they don’t really registered. when i reload the app they disappear. and how can see can not edit too becouse is like they not in the db.
i’m registered this informations by form button

have some others problems too, like duplicate information in app but not in db

this happining in 2 new tables, the others are normal.

1 Like

You can only add data via your app for now.

3 Likes

This feature is perfect for all my transaction logs. 10 transactions/user/day for an app with over 200 users would have eaten into my row quota VERY quickly.

3 Likes

When we inserted sequential columns in the GS they were converted into a single relation column. Is there a way to do this in the Glide Table?

Row quotas are the same with this feature—500 for free apps, 25k for Pro, etc. Glide Tables will let us offer higher quotas in the future.

Got ahead of myself I guess.

3 Likes

Not yet. The way we did this for Google Sheets was a kludge because it doesn’t offer a “native” way of doing arrays. With Glide Tables we’ll be able to do better, but we haven’t built it yet.

2 Likes

@Messias_Carvalho Could you share the app where form submissions did not get added to the table?

OK , Thanks @Mark for your feedback.

@Mark ,

After inserting an item through the form, I added a data directly to the Glide Table (yes, I managed to edit at that moment, now not anymore), and the data for the entire line was deleted, but the line remained blank because I had an IF-THEN-ELSE condition. It was a test insertion, so data loss has no problem, but ,

Is it possible to delete this blank line in some way?

Are you saying you deleted the row via the app, but it stayed in the table? Could you share your app, please?