User Specific Columns + User Profiles Demo

Hey @Robert_Petitto, wow I like this example of yours. I am not exactly sure how your App works, but I am fascinated by the way you are showing a picture(USA map) with different areas in different color. How were you able to do this? Do you use the already in testing available web embeed? Or do you have for every possible election results different colored pictures?

The reason why I am asking is, because I am working on a gardening app. Where each users should be able to manage their plants be selecting which one is in which place in their garden. Not easy withoput drag and drop I know, tahts why I am super excited about the web embeed function and its abilities. But maybe there is another way thats why I am interested in your app.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers Nico

Hi Nick,

I use a platform called Cloudinary that will let you manipulate images on the fly using URL parameters. So, I don’t have every iteration, no. Using a series of it then statements I concatenate the state status into a complex URL that results in the custom image.

I have a few posts on Cloudinary in the forum. Take a look!

1 Like

Hey Robert,

that´s pretty genius! It ssems more convienent than i thought, thanks! :slight_smile:

Cheers Nico

1 Like

Hey buddy, great video.
Have you checked if these user specific columns can detonate zaps in Zapier? Since the data is not on the Google Sheet… :thinking: :thinking:

Well, any sheet >> Zapier zaps are out. Glide >> Zapier should still work I think since Zapier is using Glide’s API and not Sheet’s. Haven’t tested though…what were you thinking?!

I was talking with a prospect about this just today…
I’ll do a demo app and try it tomorrow.
I agree with you, Zapier’s integration is with Glide and not with the sheet, so, in paper, it should work.
Will update tomorrow.
:v:

1 Like

Dude, I can now fully appreciate why you are one of the Certified Experts. Well done! @JackVaughan better watch out. :laughing:

2 Likes

So helpful! Many thanks Robert…

Super many thanks Robert!

Nice one @Robert_Petitto - this is great. Will be a little while before I do one for various reasons so awesome you’ve shown people.

2 Likes

Just trying to do right by you and the rest of the Glide team.

1 Like

Yeah, let the team add the other options first :wink:

2 Likes

I’m trying to count the number of times a user checks off a value in a user-specific column. When I do a Rollup on the User-specific column, it just puts a 1 in every row and doesn’t seem to count each rows checkmarks individually. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

If the checkbox is user specific, it should work…here’s my screenshot. I have two boxes checked.

Do you have two boxes checked for each row, or two boxes checked in the entire user-specific column?

When I do this, it rolls up all the checkboxes in the user-specific column, but I’d like to know how many checkboxes are checked for each row.

Oh…mine is in the column. I don’t know if there’s a way to do this…you might need a series of ifs that result in “1” if true. Then do a math column to add.

Hmm I’m basically just trying to count the number of booleans that have been recorded for a row. I would think this is something that could be a popular thing if you create a “like” or “favourite” checkbox — it would be helpful to be able to provide users with a count of how many likes, etc.

Right…usually, those likes count down though…not across. So, the only way to do that would be to sum them with a math column.

Hmm maybe I’m thinking about this the wrong way.

I have a sheet of resources and have added a user specific Boolean to the details view for the resources.

If I go into Resource A and check it off (aka “like” it), my count of Likes moves to 1.

Then, if I go into Resource B, the count of Likes is displayed as 1 because it’s taking into account the “like” from Resource A. This doesn’t make sense though because the purpose of the “like” was to figure out which Resource is most popular/liked.

If I have to use a Math column, how would that be done if I don’t know how many possible user-specific values could be generated? What would the formula look like since all the values would be stored in the same user-specific column.

Hm…I think I understand now. You have a user specific column so that each person can mark it as “liked “ but you still want to total the number of likes that every user can see?