User entries won't be written into data table

Hello there,

I’m playing around with our first app and have the following problems/questions:

1. If a user (after sign-in) fills in data into the fields in our profile form only part of their data will be written into the glide table (it happens for choices fields and text entry fields). Is this a common problem?
  2. Can i hide the “Required” word? It’s distracting somehow.
  3. I can’t add an additional action after the “Submit” action. Is that intended or do i miss something?

Thanks a lot for your support and have a lovely day,
Sabine

You are using a form container, which will add a new row upon submission.
That’s not what you want, because if the User has signed in, then they will already have a row in your User Profiles table. What you should use instead is an Edit Form.
Also, you shouldn’t need to ask the to enter their email address, as that will already have been captured with their first sign in.

3 Likes

Thanks, Darren.
When i choose a new form screen, the template uses a form container. Is that not intended for profile set up?
And, can i hide the “Required” word? I saw somewhere that apps here had the “*” instead.

No, it’s not.
As I said, a Form Screen/Container will add a new row, and that’s not what you want in this case.
I would suggest adding a button to one of your existing screens, and use a “Show User Profile Screen” action. You can then add whatever input components to that screen that you need.

If you do it as I describe above, then you won’t need to worry about that.

Form screens don’t support onSubmit actions, but again - you shouldn’t be using a form screen for that.

3 Likes