☑️ User agreement checkbox on sign in screen

Woooooho

@JackVaughan Do you really want people to buy a Pro subscription in order to agree on terms and conditions (and thereby be on the way to be GDPR compliant )? I’m supprised.

6 Likes

Or perhaps Google Drive / PDF.

I use Iubenda self-hosted, it’s €50 a month, but it’s piece of mind.

Such a simple and mandatory thing in any application should be open to everyone and not just for those who pay a subscription

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks for making this happen @Mark.

But still in PRO version :pensive:

Thank you so much Glide team for this!!! :grinning:

Interesting strategy, would you use a form for that?

Thanks, I think I will either use the method described by @Rosewebstudio or email them and tell them that in order for them to keep accessing the app, they need to agree on a new form. I will delete the emails and data I have collected for those who don’t agree so that I’m not in breach of GDPR.

1 Like

Oh just went in, this is only for PRO apps @JackVaughan ? :frowning_face:

1 Like

Depends how you app is setup, but sure you could use a form.

With mine I have profile set for each user so will just present the text and checkbox when they sign in.

Once the user signed in and they check the box (to confirm that they consent and agree) then this is stored against each user in the underlying profile sheet.

I also include a date field so I know and can refer back to it later if needed.

Agreed!

Yes

Kind of saddened by the fact that this is a Pro only feature, since it is very necessary across the board, GDPR or not. I’ll have to figure out another way to do this.

3 Likes

It is also sad to see that the glide subscription is prohibitive for many countries with devalued currencies.

3 Likes

I see what you say, but Glide will have investers that ask them when they are going to make money.

1 Like

Smart move on the MVP, thanks guys.

1 Like

Nice one guys !! This helps a lot.

1 Like

I get it about terms and privacy policy. But does Europe / GDPR require checking the box before each sign in?

Before sign up, not before subsequent sign in.
It’s when the user create its account that the user consentement is required.

So yes, in fact your question is relevant : the checkbox is not at the good place, and there’s no specific sign up feature for Glide yet.

The login screen should be duplicated : log in form, as usual, and a sign up form where the user create its account (at least email and password). The second requires to be GDPR compliant, and so the need of the checkbox, but the first one does not require to track again the user’s consentment, as already provided (excepted if new policy and T&C, new data collected, and so on).

Hum…