Use my current location not working

Hello! the “Use my current location” doesn’t work when I try to add an item on iPhone. I simply can’t turn it on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hola @SuperMerabh

Can you send a ticket to support ?

https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Remember to send a video and a support ticket.

I sent a ticket about this a while ago Santiago, I’ll send you the ticket number so you can review it, had a major issue with this

3 Likes

Done

1 Like

Does anyone know if this has been resolved? I seem to have same problem on iPhone. Distance not calculating from “current location”.

Make sure you have location services enabled on both the phone and the browser.

They are all on. Still getting a blank cell.

Is there any chance that you rejected the location permission that should have popped up when you accessed the app for the first time? If so, you’ll have to go into your browser settings, then find site settings and turn on the location permission manually, or clear the browser cache for the app.

I had accepted the location permission originally. I just deleted the app from the homescreen, cleared cache and history and relaunched the app. It is not asking me for location permission now and still not working. Is there some setting I might be missing in user profiles to get this to work properly perhaps?

I have lat, long coordinates entered and is a text entry, is that correct?

As long as your coordinates look like this format, then you should be good.

38.8897,-77.0089

If it’s still not working, then I would have to think that something is blocking it on your device. There aren’t any additional settings in glide to make it work. Make is location is enabled on BOTH the device as well as the browser.

Can you share a screenshot of your distance column configuration?

Thanks Jeff. I did adjust settings for the website and still nothing. Here are the screen shots…

It looks like you have everything configured correctly as far as the app goes. I’m really not sure what else you could check. I don’t use an apple device, so I really can’t help much. I did check one of my apps, which does use the distance column and it appears to be working. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Thanks for all your effort and direction. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Does the distance show in the builder?

No, it doesn’t.

Weird, I would suggest contacting support for help.

https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

SOLVED!

Video Link: SOLVED | Loom

2 Likes

Would you be able to share your steps to solve this? I am encountering a similar problem for one of my users. They have enable their location settings for the app on the home screen, but they cannot recall if they denied permissions during the initial set up.
I have tried to watch your video you kindly posted, but cannot view.

I’ve fixed the video if you want to view it now.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I can view now, so will try the steps suggested.

1 Like