Upload multiple images

Currently you can only upload one picture at a time via the image picker, which can be a pain if you have several images to upload. Please allow multiple image uploads. Thanks

3 Likes

How do you envision that would work? Since an image is tied to a cell via an url reference, what would the interface look like? How would Glide know which spreadsheet cells to put the url links to those multiple files?

3 Likes

Just raising this again as I’m experiencing the pain of single image picker! :smiley:

Use case: App has Groups and group leaders can upload images to a “photo album” on the group page. Most likely they will want to upload several images from an event and current functionality will make this tedious. It would be great to have a multiple file picker so the form would ask for the Event name and then multiple images can be grouped together under the event. This is less about the convenience for the app maker, and almost entirely about a better experience for our users. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi Deena, yeah like you, I still need this to be natively built in glide, whether or not it will ever be, can’t be sure.

If it’s of any use I did get a work around going using Cognito forms which enables multiple image uploads which will write to a google sheet via zapier. Not ideal I know but it does work.

All the best with your project(s).

2 Likes

Sorry to dig this thread up, but it’s the most accurate one to the problem i’m needing solved.

Just like Users need their own table, can we have a “Gallery” table that’s required for a multi-file uploading and hosting?

The “multi-upload” component would accept from your phones library, or taking multiple photos at once and then hitting “finish” to upload the lot that were just taken.

An accompanying “Media Folder” or “Gallery” component could display all the files associated to it’s related row ID, and allow me to display images/videos/documents that can be grouped and sorted by category (image, document, video), by upload date (day/week/month/year), and maybe even by auto-detected type (landscape/portrait)? If there are more than a specified amount in each category, let me “view all.”

Basically i’m not scared of having yet another dedicated sheet in my database if it will allow me to finally allow my team to bulk-upload media. If I want to assign a “tag” or “note” on each file after the fact that would be even better, and would just be more columns in the gallery sheet.

3 Likes

Is this coming anytime soon? This is such a huge pain point.

1 Like

Any news about the release of this very needed feature? (Both for images of files)
Thanks!