'Upload Image' Action is MISSING in my 'Image' component. WHY?

I’ve been working on my app. And had this great layout for adding new content to the database that included using the ‘upload image’ action within the ‘image’ component.

Unfortunately, I lost that layout and am trying to recreate it, BUT cannot access the the ‘Upload Image’ Feature. I’m so confused. Hopefully it’s an easy fix.

Here’s what it looks like on my interface:

Looking at the tuturials it seems so easy, but i can’t find it…

EDIT: I seem to be able to access the ‘Upload Image’ action when ‘adding’ to a tab that utilizes a tile or card layout BUT if i have created one with my own ‘details’ layout I lose the ‘Upload Image’ action… Is there anything I can do about that?

3 Likes

First of all, I’m glad you posted this…in my time using Glide, I had NO idea you could set up image component with this action. That being said, it works for me…as you pointed out, only on a details view page. This is detailed view of one page in an inline list…adding that option sets it through the entire list. AND YOU ARE RIGHT - this is not available outside of an inline list of cards/tiles. You say this was working on a new tab / image component in details view before? There is some inconsistency in the use of components and actions in different circumstances. I suspect this is one of them - however, it seems to me it would be extremely useful to have this action in a new tab without a list. I would put in in a feature request.

5 Likes

@Butter-Bee @Deena I can confirm that I’m still able to set the “upload image” action on an individual image component in a “master” or “main view” as shown below in my app:

But let me try to reproduce those different scenarios to see what is exactly happening with your app.

5 Likes

Oh, I guess everyone in the community know the code for my bike lock. :expressionless:

4 Likes

It’s simply missing on a new tab/details view/image component…

1 Like

@Butter-Bee @Antonio

SO, nothing is wrong, it works as intended on a new tab>details view>image component. @Butter-Bee you must be missing the column in your sheet to receive the image. If you add that, you will see the action available in the component. @antonio, would be great to have this to make the image array!

3 Likes

@Deena @Butter-Bee I’m kind of positive that you might be setting the image source as “custom” (meaning you’re typing the URL) but don’t have an actual column attached to your component. I can still set this action for all types of views.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I found as well. Must be a column to receive Image. Makes sense. If using custom url, we would not technically be able to allow user to change, nor would we want to allow it.

Absolutely! And that’s why @Adrianne_Ngam is working on an array column type that I’m pretty sure would be useful for that as well :wink: but you did not hear it from me :shushing_face:

5 Likes

@Butter-Bee Also, just noticed this is your first post! Sad it was an issue what actually brought you here :frowning: but ey, welcome to the community anyway :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Deena @Antonio,

Do you know if there is a way to set up a filter or something for the current picture being shown in an pic array.

My use case is, I have a Instagram-like app in which I have pic arrays. The app has the ability of sharing pics through in-app chat it works well when it is a single pic but when I have an array and I want to share, say, the 3rd pic, it only shares the 1st in the array.

I’m thinking that I might set a filter or ITE column but I can’t quite figure it out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey @Butter-Bee, welcome to the community. There are plenty of great people willing to help.

1 Like

I haven’t built in app chat so I am sorry I can’t be helpful. Perhaps @ThinhDinh or @Lucas_Pires who have built chat many times I think. I keep holding out for native chat. :grin: :sob: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

@SantiagoPerez Mmm, I think I know what you’re trying to achieve. On a carousel-image component you’re trying to share the current pic shown (eg: 2/3) but when setting the “Show sharing options” you need to pick a single column/value for this to work. Unfortunately I cannot think of a workaround right away, but I’ll keep you posted!

5 Likes

Yes, I wanna do something like that but instead of using the sharing option, I am using a form button to share it inside the app.

Thanks @Antonio!

3 Likes

Thanks All! I’ll give it a go later today.

1 Like