Update to horizontal inline lists

You can now choose the maximum number of items that will show in horizontal scrolling lists. This allows you to:

1. Control whether when/if you will show the ‘See all’ button
  2. Create horizontal lists that scroll indefinitely and never trigger a separate ‘See all’ screen.
16 Likes

Thanks @JackVaughan @david @Mark
and all other glide team members

For the future, it might be nice to be able to disable the see all option. I think it could be useful to be able to sort a list randomly, but only show one list item. This could be used for an advertisement like experience, or a show a random image, or quote, etc. Without the need to see all of the underlying list items.

7 Likes

Is only show 1 item not the same?

It works, but you would still see the ‘See All’ text.

1 Like

Ah right!

1 Like

I guess hide the see all text using css?

1 Like

I suppose that could work for the interim. I don’t have a particular use case myself, but I know I’ve seen a few posts regarding this functionality. Actually just referenced a previous post to this one about the same subject.

I have reservations about injecting CSS as a long term solution (in case it stops working), but as long as there is a back up plan, I don’t see a problem with it.

1 Like

Slight tangent, but it would be really cool if we could limit the # of items displayed on a chart, similarly to this feature.

1 Like

Do you mean the legend underneath?

Essentially just being able to put a limit on the number of values that is displayed on a chart. Bar charts seem to break when they have to display more than 30-odd values, IIRC

2 Likes