Unique Order Carts by User Session

Hey Gliders,

I have hit a roadblock where I cannot seem to find a clear answer for.

My Glide Page is a dynamic ordering system that has multiple users creating ONLY 1 order cart, per session.

I’ve created a button-trigger that creates the “order cart,” which when selected, it will display the available services that can be added to the “order cart.”

What Works:

If there are no other “order carts” and “line items” created, the cart will display the line items, total count of line items and sum count of line item price.

Issue

When a second, third and every subsequent “order cart” is created by multiple users, or the same, across different timeframes, the entire “order cart” breaks.

The order summary page does not summarize the order, by line items and price sum.

What I’ve Attempted

I’ve created;

• “if-then-else” in the “order cart” table;
  • “join table” in the “order line item” table;

This will carry the “order carts” ROW ID to the line items, but as multiple sessions are active, all line items will only show the first “order carts” ROW ID.

The Question

How do I enable a dynamic update of “Line Items” ROW ID, based on session of user?

How are you creating the “order cart”? Is it through a new row in a “carts” table?

1 Like

After some tinkering, I was able to successfully create a dynamic ordering system.

I used referenced your YouTube video, that leveraged unique Session IDs and button actions to update row values.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.