Unable to Delete Data from Glide, though not Showing in Sheet

I’m having the exact same issue – when the user enters data it seems to create duplicate rows in the Glide data editor though my google sheet only shows a single row.

This doesn’t happen for all type of entries – just those that have significant computation in my google sheet. I don’t have a row ID – wondering if adding that might resolve duplicates.

UPDATE: I was able to resolve this issue by deleting an empty row in Google sheets … that seems to have forced a sync. Suspect this might recur.

There’s a bug where adding a row can lead to it not being deletable. We’ll ship a fix soon. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply! It was almost driving me crazy… hahah!

I think I managed to find a quick and easy way to resolve this. Just duplicate the project and the data will be ported over without any of the phantom data! @Mark

1 Like

Hmm… but upon testing on the new duplicate project, the error came back.

2 Likes

Yeah, same for me.

Yes this is the same issue I’ve experienced.

Thanks @Jeff_Hager for connecting me to this topic and thanks @Mark for giving the update about the fix.

Is there a way to subscribe to a changelog? (sorry if this is a well spread n00b question)

1 Like

Mark - thanks for solving this!

Thanks Mark. Waiting on the fix.

How do you delete a row in Glide Sheets?

I don’t think there is a way do delete a whole row through the glide data editor. You can either do it in the Google sheet itself, or enable editing and deleting in the app to delete the row with the delete button.

im using the glide sheet and i wanted to remove test Data

Does deleting not working like with Google Sheets?

For now, in Glide Tables, you can only add or delete rows as a user, within an app, connected to a Glide Table.

1 Like

Yes David, thanks for confirming, I should have made it clearer that I was prompting @Community_Fridge to use the delete function in Glide.

I see a checkbox at the start of each row though, hopefully that will be the way we can delete rows inside GDE in the future.

I have the same issue. I have data in the Glide data editor that is not in my google sheet. I’ve tried deleting the data but I can’t delete all the data. This puts some blank rows on the App. How do you delete a row from the Glide Data editor? Again the row/data never appears in the actual Google sheet. I’ve given the data a past date and am using a filter to “hide” the errors.

@Al_Welk That is either an array column or a relation — many columns in Glide are computed and not stored in your sheet.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/data-editor/computed-columns/array-column

David, Thank you for the quick response. But how to I delete the data in the array. The data is no longer in my Google sheet. Yet it’s still in the Glide data editor and appears in the app. I can delete the data in the other cells in that row, but not the array column cell data.

Are you sure you don’t have a row at the bottom of your Google sheet?