Two columns cause updates in other columns

I’m wondering if it is possible to do the following when new record is submitted:

If one column (Assigned To) has a value then put current date in Assigned Date

and ALSO in the same record

if a second column (Completed By) has a value then put the current date in Completed Date.

So I have two conditions that need to be looked at and responded to.

It’s possible, but it’s a bit tedious. If the newly submitted record is from a form, then create an “On Submit” custom action>

If Assigned to is not empty AND Completed by is empty > set column Assigned Date > current date and time

else if Assigned to is not empty AND Completed by is not empty > set column Assigned Date > current date and time & set column Completed Date > current date and time

else if Assigned to is empty AND Completed by is not empty > set column Completed Date > current date and time

2 Likes

This is a use case where a Custom Form would make it a bit easier. You could prepare the date values prior to the form being submitted and then add the lot in one go. Although, there is extra work involved in creating a custom form, so maybe that offsets the effort saved with the action logic :crazy_face:

Thank you, Robert! You’re right, not pretty, but brilliant, that will work.

1 Like

Darren, thanks for the reply. I’m not quite sure how that works. I am a newbie so not real clear on the custom forms. I just did the “Show Form Screen” to add a new row.

I wouldn’t worry about it, my response was slightly tongue in cheek :wink:

The option that Bob gave you is perfectly fine :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.