Turn Your Glide Data Into PDFs (native DocsAutomator integration)

Hey Gliders! :wave: My name is Rupert, and I’m the founder of DocsAutomator. It’s a powerful document creation tool that I hope will help a lot of you, and I’m thrilled to introduce our native integration with Glide.

:video_camera: To showcase the DocsAutomator integration in action, I’ve recorded a demo you’ll find below. I’d be grateful if you could take a few minutes to check it out and share your thoughts and feedback.

:bulb: Your insights will help me continuously improve DocsAutomator and ensure it becomes an indispensable tool for the Glide community.

Thanks a lot & All the best,
Rupert

15 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Nice touch with the Web Embed at the end :pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

Awesome tool!

Is it possible to insert/display images on the PDF? My assumption is that they’d show as the image URL, but it would be :fire: if there was a way to display an image itself… though I guess then it may be tough to figure out sizing and all that good stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! You can see here how I’ve managed sizing for images (users are giving the width in pixels after the placeholder title): Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Currently, images are only available for Airtable and not in the Glide integration, but I’ll add that very soon! :pray:

4 Likes

Really cool! After seeing that video and how the line_items are integrated, this looks like it will be a SUPER useful integration once those things are added!

3 Likes

YESSS. Hopefully soon!

1 Like

Working on it.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Quite interesting.

1 Like

Amazing tool. Thank you for sharing. Will there be an option to add esign? It will be very much helpful for legal documents.

2 Likes

Yes, adding e-signature support soon!

2 Likes

Just following up on this to say that I’ve released image support for the Glide integration, which you can learn about on this support page (last item and point 5 on that page): Glide Integration Knowledge Base Article

Let me know what you think!

@kyleheney tagging you here as you had asked for image support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooooh I’m going to start playing with this today! Thanks @Rupert!

1 Like

Great tool! How can I resize images?

1 Like

Built this PDF from an existing Glide App in about 10 minutes. This is a sweet tool! Love that it only needs Google Docs (and not Google Sheets), so we can connect our Glide Tables-based project to it without issue (any supported data source for that matter).

3 Likes

To set the size of the image, just add the width (in pixels) as a parameter to your image mapping.

That is, use {{image_logo_300}} to display your “logo” field as an image with a 300px width in your PDF (height is automatically figured out based on the width you set). In Glide, you need to use the full “image_logo_300” syntax when defining the mapping.

3 Likes

5 updates per run?? Isn’t it too many? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I believe the integrations updates are not currently being counted (during the beta run). I think those numbers can change before the beta ends, though I believe 5 updates is pretty fair for this sort of action/automation.

Thanks a lot @kyleheney! Glad you like it!

1 Like

Once there is support for line items, this really will be the ultimate PDF option in Glide (it’s already pretty wicked!). It’s honestly exactly what I’ve been looking for for a couple years now. So simple to set up and since it’s all just a Google Doc, anyone can figure this out without learning Apps Script, HTML, or other coding. Congrats on the product, I hope others see the value in it!

1 Like

Super sweet. I will be sharing this around a lot.

1 Like