True, false, empty - Boolean filter help

I want to filter a list based on a boolean AND another value.

It would be a simple (boolean == true) AND (value==20) or (boolean == false) AND (value==30) except for “empty”.

I was using (boolean == false OR boolean == empty) but now I need to add the AND filter.

Is their a simple way to do this knowing that ‘empties’ exist?

Perhaps the best option would be to split this into multiple if, then statements.

The boolean filter is ARCHIVED.

I can create an ITE column:

If ARCHIVED == true, TRUE
if ARCHIVED == false, FALSE
else FALSE

Just wondering if their is another way to handle this within the in-line list filer without adding another column.

Thanks

Never check for a false condition unless you really need to. It’s better to check for ‘true’ or ‘not true’. Checking for ‘not true’ will include both false and empty conditions.

4 Likes

Worth noting that we also have the option now to test for “is checked” or “is not checked”, which is essentially the same thing, but possibly a little easier to get your head around.

3 Likes

And that should be in the section of the manual describing boolean and their use (type in boolean and see what you get) :slight_smile:

Thanks

PS. I was checking for the false condition since logically it was the condition I cared about. I switched to true (really anti-false in my logic)

Son-of-a-gun. I should read to the bottom of the drop down

For a boolean value does ‘is checked’ mean the value exists and is true and ‘is not checked’ is everything else (either false or empty)?

Yes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.