Timestamp on updating a cell

Hi All

I have made a glide app where my sales users update the status of a lead. At the end of the day I want to track how many leads were updated using the date stamp of cell updated.

How to solve this? Attaching the screenshot, I want to check the date stamp when the ‘Current Status’ entry is filled.

There is no way to automatically update a date column when you are changing the status directly on the detail screen.

Instead, if you use the Edit screen to change the status, then you can add a date time special value component that will insert the current date and time when the edit form is submitted.

Another option would be to have a user specific column to temporarily hold the status. Your choice component would fill the user specific column. On the way into the detail screen, you would set the user specific status column with the value in the status column. On the detail screen, you could have a Save or Submit button that copies the user specific status to the status. So a user could choose a status and click on a submit button directly on the detail screen, but that submit button could also set a date column.

The only other option would be some sort of script in a google sheet that could track when a status changes and update a date column, but that would be a lot of work for something simple. I would just use the Edit screen instead.

2 Likes

Can you please explain how to do this? I am very new to Glide Apps and just made the first app ever.

Tap on the pencil icon at the top right.

That will take you to the Edit screen.
Add your input components on that screen, including an extra one for the datetime. Use the special value that Jeff mentioned for that.

2 Likes

This is what I would do :point_up:

2 Likes

Hi , I have been using edit screen to update time stamp by using special value component. But its seems no working on Edit screen for the last few days. Any issue on the special value component?
Thanks

I haven’t had a chance to try it out myself, but it sounds similar to what’s happening in this thread, so I’m not sure if there is a bug or what’s going on.