Tab Visibility šŸ‘€

Genius!

1 Like

This sounds so slick! Surely we gotta try it

1 Like

Thatā€™s the Onboarding experience now we can do!! Perfect

2 Likes

Just need to work out how to do it with public (no email to start with) impossible, currently, I believe. With email itā€™s easy. Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Exactly. That was my prime usecase for this feature.

An open app, with a option to allow people to log in using a button, and then open up hidden tabs based on visibility.

3 Likes

Hi @ThinhDinh

Just a warning: the user specific columnā€™s data working on public APPs is saved into devices (cells, PCs) and not in Glide servers therefore, every time you move or use another device, that data is lost, the user will have to register again and your users list could increase fast (the rows amount as well).

To free APPs with 500 rows limit could be a serious problem. Just take a look at the APP: Logins tab in any APP to see how fast the rows increase with a decent number of users.

There are 1-2 more issues to pay attention according to my point of view but I donā€™t want to ruin the party soon. :innocent:

Saludos Thinh

1 Like

Thanks Gustavo, what Iā€™m planning is that:

• A user will have a combination of email & password that they can submit via a form and use that to initiate a session. Those are always there in my sheets after the initial submission, users donā€™t have to register a new ā€œaccountā€ every time.

• Once a user has entered their email and password, the session starts (via the relation column matching that combo to a template column of existing email & password). As you said, it will be there as long as the session is alive.

I think there will be roadblocks here and there but I have to try it first to see.

2 Likes

Super interested to see your dream Onboarding screen! I have been trying to figure out best practices for Onboarding for quite a while using visibility for components. This one is a gamechanger!

1 Like

Will love to this

Agreed

Iā€™m doing free / premium / deluxe membership now with visibility, but a tab would help of course.

First Test - Onboarding :iphone:

Necessary informations first: Name & Profile Pic

Untitled_ Jun 19, 2020 5_09 PM

8 Likes

Iā€™ve played with this and managed to do the whole scenario in the editor but when I published and went to the app it didnā€™t work and didnā€™t manage to recognize the user although he had a row in the sheet and I used the same name and password in the user specific fields.

May need to give it another try

1 Like

Same here @yinon_raviv , everything works exactly how I imagined it to be in the editor but the email and password value (which are stored in user-specific columns) donā€™t seem to be working in the real app.

I noticed user-specific allows only 1 line per time sometimes, and thatā€™s bummer. I had to create a Data column in my sheets cuz when I chose the date, it was appearing 2secs and goneā€¦

@Mark this have to work like this?

Specifically Iā€™m trying to do a relation based on that email in the user-specific column to take the ā€œCartā€ info.

It works in the editor but in the real version it doesnā€™t return anything.

1 Like

I think the user specific canā€™t really work on public apps but needs the public with email

4 Likes

Hi @yinon_raviv

The user specific column does work on public APPs as I told @ThinhDinh but its data only lives on the device (or instance) you are using no matter if the user is the same.
The data is saved ā€œper instanceā€ if the APP works as Public.
The Glide Editor is an instance and when you test it via a Web Browser you are using another instance so, you will see different Data although the user is the same.

I faced it by accident when the user specific column was released months ago.

Saludos

1 Like

What is this in relation to, and what do you mean by ā€œ1 line per timeā€? One line of what?

Are you making user-specific columns in your user profile sheet? Why?

1 Like

+1 on stealth mode when redesigning/developing tabs use case!

It would be great expecially in combination with this:

4 Likes