The Glide team have lost a tab in one of our apps… can you help us find it?
I’m going to spend all day trying to activate your unprocessed tab unless you are pulling my leg.
We don’t get to see Jack’s imbox (does anyone have an invite) of unprocessed feature requests.
Considering how many good ideas are flying around, I don’t think we’d want access anyway
Ohh. Like it. That will resolve a head scratch I was having and allow me to properly remove the need to have a separate ‘admin’ app
Please let us know if you succeed!
Hehe, sounds like a challenge.
Thank you for this! Complete game changer
I’m beyond stoked right now!!!
So much you can do with this:
- Onboarding: hide all tabs until profile is true. Then, hide the onboarding tab
- Admin tabs that users can’t view
- Restaurants: chefs see one thing, patrons another, delivery drivers another
- Can visibility be linked to user specific column? If so, make your home tab an updates tab that users see whenever you post an update. They check that they’ve seen it. Compare checks to total posts. If they’re equal (they’ve read all updates) hide the tab.
Keep it going! Other use cases?
Finally here lots of possibilities I am going to use this in my app for sure thanks glide team
Looks like visibility is linked to the user profile, so lots of possibilities like the ones you’ve mentioned
Oh Gosh! I’m already imagining this + increment
Now I can do my most-dreamed Onboarding Screen and so many features
Other use cases:
- Daily/Weekly announcement of a team lead that cannot be ignored (same setup as onboarding)
- Hidden “Settings” tab in the hamburger menu: user can then “configure” his own app and decide which tabs to display or hide.
- In general, different departments/teams/hierarchies see different tabs.
Ooo that second bullet of yours is intriguing!
I’ve had that one in mind for a while. It’s not at all limited to tab visibility. I think you know where we can go with this one.
Yup. Here’s another one: membership!
Pro members have access to a whole other tab of content.
Ouch, that one is a killer.
Freemium/paid/membership apps were already possible with the other visibility features, but tab visibility makes it easier to implement and possibly with a cleaner user experience.
Idea for From the Poolside?
My favorite use cases so far are onboarding and paid/membership.
My immediate use case is restaurant app. Owners vs patrons vs delivery/drivers. I’ll showcase when finished.