Swapping bottom tabs with different tabs using a switch?

Is there a way to change the tabs below real-time? So, if the user flips a switch, the bottom tabs swap with different tabs? It works great in the Glide interface but not in the app. I am using a field in the spreadsheet and wondering how to do this in Glide?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Do you mean you want to swap the order of the tabs, or just navigate to another tab?

No, I am replacing the tabs at the bottom with other tabs. So say you have 7-8 tabs and you want the user to be able to flip a switch and the tabs at the bottom change to different tabs, different names, different content. It works great in the Glide Developer Tool. I’m trying to develop a way for this to work in the actual app. I’m hoping there is a real-time way to do this as it works in the dev tool?

I’m thinking maybe the users have a certain role where only specific tabs are displayed, and there is an action on the switch which writes to the column and changes their role. Then these other sets of tabs you are talking about are displayed based on the user having this other role.

1 Like

Create a user specific column in users sheets, for tabs visibility, when user flip a switch make action to set that column to 1 or TRUE, in the TAB options set visibility condition to IF TAB column is TRUE (or 1)

2 Likes

As @Uzo said, you can try using tab visibility here, which works with both user-specific columns or sheet columns. If that data lives only in the signed-in user’s row in the user profile sheets, you can store it as a user-specific column/Glide Table column to avoid syncing them back to the Sheet. It should be instant if you’re configuring the right visibility conditions.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like