Spacing of choices

Hello.

I am using the new choice buttons in my app and allowing multiple selections. The multiple selections appear when I place the component on a page. They are separated by a comma, however, there is NOT a space after the comma so it displays running together.

What it is doing: Choice A,Choice B,Choice C
What I desire: Choice A, Choice B, Choice C

Is there something I have not set correctly that there is not a space after the comma?

Thanks for your input.

I did find a work-around using the new computed columns but I would prefer if it were just corrected to include a space after the comma to lessen clutter in the data editor.

My work around is to use the Excel SUBSTITUE formula to change or occurrences of a comma “,” with a comma space ", "

You can do the same using the template column inside Glide, but yeah, I would love having a space here.

I think the ideal would be to allow for a configurable delimiter. Personally, I don’t want extra whitespace - I have no use for it. Also, commas will break if the source data also contains commas. It’s just a matter of time before somebody reports that as a bug :joy:

Actually, just thinking about it a bit more, adding a space there would be a really bad idea. That would mean if you were to subsequently create a split text column from the result, every element in the split text array (except the first one) would have a leading white space. This would break all sorts of things. So please, no white space.

2 Likes

That is a great point, however I can recall the split text automatically trim the text for me.

Here I use a joined text column with space (", "), splitting it without any space (just a comma), then the relation using the name column to relate to the split still picks everything.

3 Likes

ah yes, you’re right. Split text seems to be clever enough to figure out when there is extra whitespace. That’s good :slight_smile:

1 Like