I’ve run into an issue that I’m hoping someone can help me work through. I have an app for public users and separate app for private users that use the same google sheet. Each of the private users has a virtual storefront where they can update their info. To update their storefront, the private users (which use a whitelist), the screen flow is…
- View list of storefronts that they are associated with and select the storefront they want to update
- For the selected storefront, choose which action you want to take from one of several buttons
- View the data from your storefront that is associated with that action
This works fine as long as each user is associated with only 1 storefront, but when someone manages multiple storefronts, it doesn’t work. Following the screen flow…
- Login - this works fine for users with multiple storefronts
- View list of storefronts that they are associated with - also works fine, displays a list of all storefronts the user is associated with.
- Choose which action you want to take from one of several buttons - Seems like it works fine, but this is where I’m losing the link to the previously selected storefront
- View the data from your storefront that is associated with that action - This is the problem. The data that is displayed is NOT for the storefront that was selected in step 2, but its always for the first storefront that’s listed on the Google sheet. Basically, the selection from step 2 is not “remembered”, and the details view displays the fields only for the first record in the list, which is not what was selected in step 2. I need my user to be able to view and potentially update the data for the storefront selected in step 2.
Thoughts? All help is much appreciated…
I hope that I explained it well enough. If not, let me know and I’ll answer whatever questions you have.