Signing up on Glide app for the first time

Is there a way for a new user to create a profile/sign up on the app for the first time if their email is not already in the user data base? How can their email be added to the data base when they sign up? Also is there a way to add a sign up button to the default sign in page?

A row is automatically created in the user profile table when a user signs in for the first time. You don’t have to do anything for that to happen.

There should already be a Sign In button and a Sign Up button, but they are essentially the same thing.

When I try to sign in with a new email for the first time, it says “The email address doesn’t have access to this app. Please try another.”

Also on the sign-in screen, they only have a button for sign in. If sign in and sign up are the same, then how can a new user create their account?

That means you have your app set as Private, so you have to prefill or whitelist who has access to your app. If you don’t want your app to be Private, then you need to change your privacy settings to Public.

I changed my privacy settings to be Public a while ago but I’m still facing this issue.

Can you show a screenshot of your privacy settings?

That looks correct. Do you have publishing controls set to auto?

Dumb question, but have you refreshed the browser when viewing the app?

1 Like

Yes I have

Is that Yes to both questions or just one?