šŸ†• Sign-in Action

I got it to work.

Enable profiles

Add a dummy profile to Profile sheet

Set visibility of whatever you want to hide/show to ā€˜email as signed in userā€™ (if you donā€™t have profile set up you canā€™t use ā€˜as signed in user)

The so expected sign in button is there, great job Glide, thanks!

Now, please : re-activate Privacy Shieldā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Is there a way to tie this particular sign in action to a sign in method?
Sign-in with password, email whitelist, etc? while keeping the overall app public?

Everytime the user closes the app and comes back in, do they have to sign in again if they already have signed in previously using the button?

2 Likes

If itā€™s public they will have to sign in, however in my experience they havenā€™t always been asked or have been sent a pin it just signs in the user.

1 Like

Already figured another method out :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

In my experience, for public apps, users have to sign back in whenever the app is closed. This is frustrating as the new sign in action makes developing public apps with ā€œsigned in sectionsā€ so much simpler and intuitive. Is there ever going to be a way to save the login session for public apps? Maybe a ā€œremember meā€ setting at login?

8 Likes

Indeed. Any progress or work around for this?

I wish! Not that Iā€™ve found yet.

I am having the same issue so I turn it back to what it was public with email which is a shameā€¦

oh yesā€¦ this is a problem ā€¦ we need a cookie to save the login and not have to do it again at each access

2 Likes

Oh interesting! Making a note to fix this.

12 Likes

Thank you!!!

@david

What are the chances of also enabling the ā€œlogin actionā€ login with Google?

yes yes pls, when starting Glide just automatically run through the ā€œnewā€ signin function. if the user was signed in before go ahead and load profile by email, if not show public page.

when user logs off forget him so next time that user needs to run through the login again, email with code.

1 Like

Great feature, which allowed me to develop a complete sign-in process. Thereā€™s one odd thing though, if you havenā€™t gotten the user to log into his account yet, he can go and click into sign-in in the top-left menu. When he does Glide asks him for his name, which is weird since thereā€™s not yet a record to save it toā€¦

@david I have a customer that wants this precise scenario i.e. public access for general info but with the ability to register (via the new SignIn button action) to access members-only areas. Testing this today it seems to work fine but still with the problem that a registered member has to re-enter their email and get another PIN each time the app is closed. Is there an imminent fix for this or an alternative configuration to achieve a similar ā€œpublic / membersā€ visibility split? I am reluctant to move ahead with them unless I know I can handle it successfully.

It will be fixed in tomorrowā€™s release.

8 Likes

Fab - thanks

Thank you very much for addressing this!!

1 Like